Thinking of selling my 968 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 07:29 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of selling my 968 Cab

I purchased it from sh944 2 years ago and I know there are many of you here that are familiar with Scott and this car. I'm planning on selling it because and have hardly driven it in the past two years and I'd like to see it appreciated by someone who has time drive it.

Year: 1992
Make: Porsche
Model: 968
Porsche Model: 968
Mileage (numbers only please): 64000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows
Color: Horizon Blue
VIN: WP0CA2962NS840404
Price (no $ sign please): $12500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

'92 968 cab in Horizon Blue with dark blue top. Its in what I would call *very* good condition. The front belts and the timing chain and pads have been serviced by the previous owner before I bought it 2 years ago. The car really needs nothing to be driven anywhere in the US. It is completely stock and everything works as it should.

It has a tiptronic transmission. The car still has plenty of sporting characteristics configured this way and you can manually shift if you feel so inclined when engaging in sprited driving situations, but its perfect for cruising on the highway, or in traffic, and its a huge plus if you get caught in stop and go driving. Its most at home if you want to drop the top and go on a nice cruise with your SO. The 968 cab was never intended to be a race car. A lot of the detractors of "tiptronic transmission" have never actually driven a car equipped with one.

Exterior: The car has had paint repair work done to it due to two different parking lot incidents, but has never been wrecked. It shows *very well* upclose or at a distance, this car is a real looker. It has a couple of minor rock chips in the front, a cracked fog lamp (again, from a rock and I have a new replacement one that goes with the car if I don't get it installed before the car sells) and the paint on the wheels could be refreshed (due to paint fade, not curb rash) and the top is original and the rear window shows age but thats all the flaws you will find.

Interior: Its the classic two tone grey and is in good condition. No cracks on the dash, no tears in the seats and no major stains or discoloration in the carpet. The upper trim pieces have sun fade and could use a professional redye if you are fussy, but its been like that the entire time I have owned the car and its never been so detracting to the interior that I felt the need to do anything about it. The only non factory orginal piece in the interior is the Porsche CDR-220 that replaced the original am/fm/cassette player that died a few years ago. The antenna is not hooked up as I was planning on putting in a Bluetooth stereo.

Mechanically: This car is very solid. As mentioned before, the front belts have been serviced and should be good to go for the next 45k miles or so, the timing chain and pads are fresh and should be good for the next 80k miles or so. I have made every effort to keep the car completely stock and on the factory recommended maintenance schedule, and aside from Koni's in the rear and 968 M030 caster mounts that replaced the originals, its has only used factory or oem replacement parts when being serviced. It even still has a lot of the original kosmoline spray on the underside of the car that the factory shot the undercarriage with prior to shipping it overseas.

This car is one of 34 sent to the US in Horizon Blue, and its not likely that you will encounter another on the road. Truthfully, I am on the fence about selling it but the car because it looks so good and I have a lot of pride of ownership when I drive it around. I just don't drive it enough.

Extras:
I have a complete cat back exhaust from a 20k mile 968 (nothing wrong with the one that's on currently), a new fog lamp lens, front grill assembly, a set of factory front shocks that are new in the box, and an air filter kit.

The car is located in SE South Dakota.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Beautiful car Steve - really like the color combination. Price looks to be very reasonable.

GLWS
Old 08-31-2017, 10:24 AM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Link to the ad: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post14447030
Old 09-13-2017, 05:55 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Additional photos available from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2biszbmtt...CJcUinx6a?dl=0
Old 10-28-2017, 10:20 AM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Sold!

Heading down to Houston then eventually back to Germany!

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my 968 Cab