Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

What is this for? Its obviously bent!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 12:52 AM
olaugh
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this for? Its obviously bent!

So i am a new 968 owner and trying to DIY some things myself. I discovered that both the rear axle mounts (94450158300) have portions of the bracket heavily bent and/or torn, see first 2 images. the actual portion of the bracket supporting the axle carrier seems intact and there is no apparent issue when driving the vehicle. The bent pieces actually appear not to do much and in researching 944 repair photos it appears the tab and channel elements that are bent on my mount dont exist on the 944, see last photo. this confused me more in that i though a part ID identified as 944 originated on a 944 and would be identical. i know these are for something but cant figure out what and i am hoping this is not a big issue?

can you help identify what these are for?? Thanks!
Attached Images    
Old 08-10-2017, 08:09 AM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

check the manual, I believe those can be trimmed off after the manufacturing process.

you're missing the cladding brace in the middle picture.

the hard brake line is arrowed in the third...you need that one for sure.

cobalt coupe?

edit...you might see where the grease is coming from the outer cv. mating surfaces and bolts/threads need to be grease free or the bolts will loosen.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:48 AM
olaugh
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, i found out that it was a skid support that can be cut off shortly after posting. Just needed to dig in the manuals a bit to figure it out. Its a mystery to me how they got so bent up. any appreciate the info.

color is maritime blue...

Quick Reply: What is this for? Its obviously bent!