964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Clean tips requested

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 06:36 AM
jfl503
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clean tips requested

suggests to getting rid of wax build up along the edges of the stone guards? what about maintaining the whale tail? is soap and water enough? any other tips/suggestions would be great too. thx.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:24 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Jason,

Regards the wax buildup along the edges of your stoneguards, I would suggest you get a very soft toothbrush (the softest you can get), get it soaked in your car washing shampoo, and apply along the length of the stoneguards, back and forth making sure that your brush is wet all the time, just to lubricate it and avoid any scratches to the paintwork.

As far as the whaletail is concerned, and I presume you are referring to the rubber part, I use Zymol auto bathe shampoo, HD Cleanse (once a month) and Protectant, making it look and feel like new.

What colour is your car and which wax / polish do you use?

Emilios

Last edited by emilios; 11-04-2003 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:48 AM
jfl503
Rennlist Member

Thanks Emilios. Will try the tooth brush 'trick'.

In search for the right detailing products, but currently using 3M hand-glazed followed by Meguirers Gold Class wax. The results are ok...

Not sure exactly sure how to describe my color so... Any ideas what Porsche called it?

http://turbo.sunrisefurnish.com/images/DSC00273.JPG
Old 11-05-2003, 03:52 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Jason,
I've never seen that color before, I've checked in the Porsche colors and it is not listed (not in the standard colors anyway) so I presume it must be a special order color.

Regards searching for the right detailing products, so was I until about a year ago and, after having tried almost everything, I settled for Zymol (not affiliated in any way). My car (midnight blue metallic) had been totally transformed - looks better than new! They are fairly straightforward to apply and boy do they last! Additionally the depth of the paint, the shine and the way the water just runs away has to be seen to be believed.

For your color, (having studied and used a number of their products) I would suggest you get either Concours or Titanium wax, for max shine, depth and protection - and not that expensive.

PM me if you need anything else or indeed any before and after 'proof pics' of my car.

Best regards

Emilios
Old 11-05-2003, 10:27 AM
jfl503
Rennlist Member

Emilios,

Thanks for the recommedations.

You are using the only vinyl protectant on the rubber part of the wing correct? And the cleanse on painted panels? Just want to be sure.

Thanks again.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:22 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Hi Jason,

HD-Cleanse can actually be used on almost every surface of the car - even on the rubber part of the spoiler, the window seals etc.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:41 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Emilios,

By any chance then name of your color is Zermatt Silver. Check out the link on my signature below. I think my car has the same color, and it was a special order color from the factor. This color is very popular with 944 in the late 80's.

Regards,

Sonny
ps: I know of only 4 or 5 c2 turbo in this color (Zermatt Silver)
Old 11-06-2003, 02:33 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Sonny,

you must have mixed up my car with Jason's - mine is in Midnight Blue Met. Jason's car, however seems to be ice green metallic - silvery green, unlike yours which must be Zermatt Silver.

Best regards

Emilios
Old 11-12-2003, 12:28 AM
Kevin Ross
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Sonny

I don't think the colour is Zermatt Silver... the picture shows a much 'bluer' silver. I have not seen it before either, except I know of a similar colour on a 3.6l Turbo in New Zealand.

Gotta say, it is a really nice colour though, and I like the ruby interior...

Nice Car Jason!

Quick Reply: Clean tips requested