Replacement Shock Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 04:11 AM
Hsianers
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Shock Mounts

Dear All

I hope everyone is out there enjoying their cars!!!

I am in need of replacing my rear shock mounts and have done some research on the net and will likely be leaning towards picking up either the Rennline or Elephant Racing ones.

They appear to be quality kits and are the same price.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with them and has any comments? They would be very much appreciated.

From reading a few older threads, it appears that putting in these metal mounts may actually result in the ride height being raised?

I am using B6 shocks with H&R Reds and am almost at maximum on how low the car will go as I have run out of thread. The ride is just about right IMHO, so not sure how she will ride if the height is raised by a fair bit.

Also, would the mounts allow some degree of adjustment to the camber? I know the front ones do.

Many thanks in advance.

Hsianers
Old 05-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 431 Likes on 311 Posts

I am not a big fan of Elephant Racing because of their business practices and and product quality.
So if the use of these mounts is going to put you out of the ballpark on ride height, why use them unless you are tracking your car?
Old 05-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Hsianers
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul

Thanks for the input - When I checked with Elephant Racing, they noted that there would be no change to ride height. My rear mounts are stuffed, so do need replacements.

Depending on the springs used, I might need an additional part though I was surprised that the spring hat sold as an extra part is made of plastic (apparently original Porsche bits).

Other option is to go Rennline instead. They appear to be the same price.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 431 Likes on 311 Posts

Keep in mind that when you choose a replacement part for your car that the factory has done a good amount of testing of their parts. Durability testing, environmental testing and holding their suppliers to materials standards and part print dimensions. Depending on the part, sometimes OE is the way to go. It all depends on the application and material.
In this case I think you will be ok with the aftermarket part.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:51 AM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna be selling a set of 964 turbo jic/cross
Coil overs that some with rear mounts and front camber plates
And fully adjustable

PM me if interested
The 3.6 is going back to stock

Quick Reply: Replacement Shock Mounts