964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

25 year present for my turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 11:39 AM
Hsianers
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
would Bilstein B6 shocks and struts allow me to get a little lower?
Perhaps with a different set of springs?
Tcsracing - I am able to get to the height in the picture with Bilstein B6 and H&R Red Springs.

I might look at raising it about 5mm though I don't have any clearance issues becoz I can't get my front to be less than -2.6 camber
Old 05-31-2016, 02:32 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

would Bilstein B6 shocks and struts allow me to get a little lower? Perhaps with a different set of springs?
Originally Posted by Hsianers
... I might look at raising it about 5mm though I don't have any clearance issues becoz I can't get my front to be less than -2.6 camber
Hsianers, -2.6 degree camber in the front is quite a bit.
I was at -2.17 degrees for a lot of years in my REAR tires, and it was clear my tire wear was very heavy on the inside.
Not sure why you need so much camber in your fronts.

The CAMBER SPEC for our cars is: FRONTS should be at -0.17 degrees camber. The REARS should be between -0.92 and -0.25 degrees camber.

Since I was in a similar situation as Hsianers, and I thought I was a tad low like his, recently (couple months ago) I wanted to raise my ride height slightly. Same shock & spring setup.

I am on RH3.6 rims with the rear rim at 18 x 10", and ET54, plus 285/30R18 Potenza SO4's.

I was able to raise the car about 6mm (~1/4 inch), and adjust the camber down to a more tolerable -1.8 degrees. I definitely like the reduced camber look, and I do not rub even with a load of people in the car, and heavy throttle hard in the corners.

Depending on your ET, I agree that Hsianers may want to raise the car & reduce the camber.

tcsracing1, to help us answer your question, give us more on your new setup (rim, tire, ET & current camber degrees).
.... To help you, and give you something to compare against (since you are still at orig 4x4 height, and on the OEM 17's), my height measurement from the ground to the top of rear fender lip, is slightly higher than 25".

mmporsche's car now looks great & pretty low. So it might help you guys if he gave you his Rim size, Tire size, ET, Camber setup & height from ground to fender lip, to compare.

Hope this helps.
=Steve
Old 05-31-2016, 10:54 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Hsianers
Tcsracing - I am able to get to the height in the picture with Bilstein B6 and H&R Red Springs.

I might look at raising it about 5mm though I don't have any clearance issues becoz I can't get my front to be less than -2.6 camber
Thanks!
Ride height looks great.

I have the 18" RH wheels.
I might have access to B6 shocks.
All i would need is H&R reds.

Realistically, if i can get down to euro RS height, im happy
Old 06-01-2016, 04:04 AM
Hsianers
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve

My optimum camber for the fronts is probably no more than -1. But for whatever reason after adjusting the ride height on the new shocks and springs, this is the least I can go - -2.6. Given everything else is stock, still don't quite understand why I am unable to make any further adjustments. Hopefully raising the car (somewhere between 0.25" and 0.5') will allow the camber to be reduced.

I don't have exact measurements, but understand that it is below RS height. I was originally looking for RS + 5mm. At this currently lowered height, I strangely don't have clearance issues, which is a nice surprise.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:17 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

I installed my 18" wheels today.
The car is currently on stock suspension therefore it really wants to come down to look right on these wheels.

Can anybody tell me who makes these wheels?

And what size tires are you using on your RH wheels? (I currently have 235/35/18 , 285/30/18)
Attached Images    
Old 06-17-2016, 08:33 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

another pic of the stock suspension as low as it can go. (within reason)
Attached Images  

Last edited by tcsracing1; 06-18-2016 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:17 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

^ anybody know the make of my wheels?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:59 AM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

^ anybody know the make of my wheels?
Based on your photos, other than the dimensions and offset the only other marks are JWL, Japan Light Wheel Alloy and P.C.D which is Pitch circle Diameter......
Not much to go on based on that.....can you find any other mark or logo?
Old 07-05-2016, 01:45 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by maverick
Based on your photos, other than the dimensions and offset the only other marks are JWL, Japan Light Wheel Alloy and P.C.D which is Pitch circle Diameter......
Not much to go on based on that.....can you find any other mark or logo?
Interesting, as the wheels came off a turbo that was imported to canada from japan.
No other markerings however.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:21 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mmporsche
I had the ride height adjusted upward 3/4 of an inch and it looks much better and has less bump steer. Now I just need some spacers. I am thinking 5mm in the rear and at least 7mm in the front. Will I need to install longer studs if I go 7mm or 10mm spacers in the front?
Did you ever end up getting spacers? Trying to decide if I can go just 5mm up front or do I need 7 or 10mm with longer studs. My rears don't look like they can accommodate more than 3, maybe 5mm. Would like to see what you ended up with and how they look.

Quick Reply: 25 year present for my turbo