Porsche in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 04:54 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche in Dubai

Dear friends,

as I am visiting Dubai tomorrow for a few days, I was wondering if anyone has any details / contact information on Porsche dealers over there, as well as parts/accessories availability and pricing.

Your assitance greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Emilios
Old 08-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Emilios,

Go to House of Cars (Sheikh Zayed Road), they are probably the most knowledgeable Porsche dealers and tuners, at least that I know of. They are FVD agents as well.
Ask for Paul Duffin although he is probably on vacation.
Tel: + (971) (0)4 3435060
P-Car prices are only a bit cheaper than Europe, parts are more expensive in general. The real bargains on Porsches are where I am living now..in Saudi Arabia, ROW specs.
I will be in Dubai on the 17th. PM me if you need help.
Cheers.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:00 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Jean,

I just realised you are the same person I just posted to regarding the 6-speed gearbox conversion.

Thank you very much for your reply and assistance on the Dubai dealer. I will try to contact House of Cars tomorrow and also visit the local Porsche Centre. I am staying at the Burj Al Arab, and I think they are both fairly close.

Unfortunately I am leaving for Cyprus on August 15th,in the morning.

Lets keep in touch though.

Best regards

Emilios
Old 08-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Emilios they are located 15 minutes away from your hotel. Don't expect it to be a Porsche enthusiast paradise however!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:15 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Hello again Jean,

actually today when I called the main Porsche dealer's parts department and mentioned the 964 turbo 3,6, the response I got was "if you are looking for something specific to the turbo 3,6 sir, most likely we don't stock it as there are only 2 such cars in Dubai"!

So I guess I will have to look for something more 'universal' like a stereo or something.

Best regards

Emilios

P.S. I came across a fantastic-looking Cayenne turbo tonight outside a shopping mall, whlich ooked like lowered and with 22-inch wheels. Awesome machine.

Quick Reply: Porsche in Dubai