Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

1991 Turbo on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 10:16 PM
mapolus
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Guys...some of you know I sold my car recently. It was going to a collector, but didn't turn out to be what he was looking for, so is for sale again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360870837049

I'm happy to talk more about it for anyone looking. It is a good car, but I sold it at close to fair market value -- $55k. There are what appears to be better options on the market up in that price range:

1. Columbia Valley Luxury Cars: 60k miles, all records; $72k
2. Abreu Motors: 67k miles and some nice recent services; $69k (previously listed on Rennlist for $48k...but the dealer bought it quick)

This was not a post complaining about our free market society (dealers have every right to buy and sell cars as they see fit).

I'm happy to talk more about it if anyone has questions!
Matt

Last edited by mapolus; 02-28-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 AM
mapolus
Racer

Hey Mike, thanks...the buyer actually wrote back and explained it wasn't exactly what the collector was looking for. His complaints were all addressed in my for sale ad and reiterated over the phone, so I certainly feel like we completed a fair transaction. I probably wouldn't have posted here if he just let me know before I saw it on eBay. Anyways, like I said earlier, it's a solid car...but it does have some wear associated with an 80k mile car. Happy to talk more if someone is thinking about buying...
Matt
Old 02-28-2014, 01:58 AM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts
Default DEALER

Consignment?
Old 02-28-2014, 06:55 AM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks to me like the guy you sold it to is FOS and just looking to make a quick 20k.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:24 AM
handdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 82 Posts

stealerships...
Old 02-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Doc V.
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember the level of precise detail that Mapolus provided about the car when he decided to sell it. The car's new owner apparently doesn't believe that he has the obligation to match that level of detail in the description of the car:

"a few dings in the leather - no dings dents or scrapes on the exterior”

"Paint technology was really coming into its own in the early 90's and this spectacular color goes from deep emerald green to turquoise with a subtle change in light."

"Bid and buy with confidence"--not from this seller.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:14 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

So you sold it? This dealer bought it? If so, he's a big boy, let him sell it, he didn't steal it though, this car was offered up for a while, he might have been your only buyer, your certainly not obligated to anything, life goes on....
Old 03-01-2014, 12:03 AM
mapolus
Racer

Originally Posted by rare911s
So you sold it? This dealer bought it? If so, he's a big boy, let him sell it, he didn't steal it though, this car was offered up for a while, he might have been your only buyer, your certainly not obligated to anything, life goes on....
Yeah, it's not on consignment...and I'm certainly not intending to complain about the free market society we have. My only intention was to help protect potential buyers here on Rennlist. As Doc V. states, I was quite upfront about the car's flaws...while the dealer isn't so forthcoming. Again, this isn't a thread about "dealers suck and shouldn't be allowed to buy cars." I certainly believe in the economy we have in America and would love to buy and sell awesome cars like these one day as a car dealer (after retirement as an AC-130U Fire Control Officer - see this
if you're unsure what that means). However, my opinion of used car salesmen declines with each encounter. If I do become a dealer, I would attempt to run my business with integrity. Integrity is a big deal to me (Integrity First, Service Before Self and Excellence in All We Do are the Air Force's Core Values).

Anyways, I reiterate my main point: if you're in the market, I'm happy to talk more about the car (Rare911s, don't interpret this to mean I'm whining).
Old 03-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

My college girlfriend's dad was a light colonel in the AF who flew the old C-47 Spooky gunships in Vietnam. He had some good stories....
Good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: 1991 Turbo on eBay