Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gt3lbn what your favourite f1 tack ?

Mines MonteCarlo, Bahrain Sakhir and Yas Island
Old 03-25-2013, 04:36 PM
3.6 Amazon Green
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only gotten to Montreal and Indianapolis for F1 races but would love to catch some european races at some point. I drove the whole Monaco course as a civilian just for fun. About Sunday's race, I couldn't believe how Vettel compromised his honor with all the other drivers and fans everywhere by what he did. He's such a good driver and has had such amazing success and to throw it all away with such a poor decision is unfortunate. Even if he takes the championship it will be tarnished. Well, that's racing.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
gt3lbn
Advanced

in order of preference.... hmm, I would say.. Monza, Silverstone, Yas... Monaco I love but not as much as the others.. I guess its more of a prestigious track but not much actual "racing" goes on.

I really liked the new Texas track...
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM
gt3lbn
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3.6 Amazon Green
I've only gotten to Montreal and Indianapolis for F1 races but would love to catch some european races at some point. I drove the whole Monaco course as a civilian just for fun. About Sunday's race, I couldn't believe how Vettel compromised his honor with all the other drivers and fans everywhere by what he did. He's such a good driver and has had such amazing success and to throw it all away with such a poor decision is unfortunate. Even if he takes the championship it will be tarnished. Well, that's racing.
I wouldn't call it a poor decision.. but one can look at it both ways. maybe for the redbull team manager it would seem an idiotic decision poised at wrecking both cars.. losing both podium finishes and millions of $! but at the end of the day and this early in the season these guys are getting paid to race and no one should expect anything less. vettel did what any race driver should do. win. he's a world champion and drove like one. if you see the replay footage you will see webber trying to box him into the wall!

had we been half way through the season and webber was leading by a large margin of points then I would have agreed with you that vettels decision would be silly.

I am also a Hamilton fan, but I do feel bad for rosberg cause he did have a faster car. but again.. the racers were tamed to keep in line and conform to team orders.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:44 PM
3.6 Amazon Green
Instructor

Originally Posted by gt3lbn
I wouldn't call it a poor decision.. but one can look at it both ways. maybe for the redbull team manager it would seem an idiotic decision poised at wrecking both cars.. losing both podium finishes and millions of $! but at the end of the day and this early in the season these guys are getting paid to race and no one should expect anything less. vettel did what any race driver should do. win. he's a world champion and drove like one. if you see the replay footage you will see webber trying to box him into the wall!

had we been half way through the season and webber was leading by a large margin of points then I would have agreed with you that vettels decision would be silly.

I am also a Hamilton fan, but I do feel bad for rosberg cause he did have a faster car. but again.. the racers were tamed to keep in line and conform to team orders.
Hamilton, who I have great respect for, Rosberg and Brawn did handle a tricky situation as well as possible. You're right, you do race to win, but under the circumstances Vettle did trade honor for a win. When the team asks you to tune your engines down and just bring the cars home, these days the race is pretty much over. He's has been trying to walk it back for the past couple of days. I'm sure he'll make up for it with Webber down the line. Live and learn I guess.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:32 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 595 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by 3.6 Amazon Green
Vettel did trade honor for a win.
Anyone who has been around for awhile will understand what a poor trade that is. He lost far more in that move than he realises.

Many years ago, Australia bowled an underarm delivery in Cricket against New Zealand. It wasn't illegal but against the spirit of the game. Their own fans booed them off the field. Every rained out game for a while after featured a TV replay of the underhanded play. The captains name is synonymous with that decision.

I think Vettel will pay for many years to come.....
Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Interesting season this year, I have high hopes for Hamilton and Kimi.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Many years ago, Australia bowled an underarm delivery in Cricket against New Zealand. It wasn't illegal but against the spirit of the game. Their own fans booed them off the field. Every rained out game for a while after featured a TV replay of the underhanded play. The captains name is synonymous with that decision.
If memory serves me right, it was the 2nd or third cricket test match against Kiwis at MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) and Mr Greg Chappell who made that call and had his younger brother Trevor, do an under arm delivery

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 03-26-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

And its back, delivered on schedule. I had a nice chat to Porsche Middle East and they didn't disappoint me by shouting at the Lazy ****ers here at the local Porsche dealer here. As a gratitude I got $40 off which isn't a lot but a nice gesture anyways.

I like the new 3M clear bra done on the entire front end.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 595 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
If memory serves me right, it was the 2nd or third cricket test match against Kiwis at MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) and Mr Greg Chappell who made that call and had his younger brother Trevor, do an under arm delivery
Full marks for your recall. I was in Sydney a few weeks ago and Chappell was on TV still defending the decision. If I recall correctly a six was needed on the last ball to draw.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 PM
dbr5turbo
Cruisin'

Default Hi

You know what I feel the same thing but I had two dreams . My 1st dream was to obtain r5 turbo which my dream came true my 2nd one to Owen 911 3.6 and still looking for one, maybe one .
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I am seriously in love with this car and have recently covered 2,000KM in two weeks. Its hard not resist driving this car and enjoying the splendid weather and open roads in the early hours of the weekend. The car has been very reliable after it came out of the workshop and I glad I got it sorted. Reminiscing the times I watched BadBoys as a kid and saying one day I would own my very own Turbo 3.6 in Black/Black its remarkable how times pass by so quickly. I am very thankful for completing one of the bucket list wishes and feel very proud of it.

Having had this car for 4 months now I must say I feel extremely privileged in owning such a menace of a car, its old schooled yet modern and looks amazing in our roads filled with the latest and greatest exotics. In order to import one here in Kuwait the car has to be 40 years old to get one in our shores, having sourced the car locally is great as I don't think I could ever wait 20 plus years to own one because the car is getting day and day harder to obtain and appreciating well. I sometimes think why I didnt get this car earlier, it was more affordable back then but thats life you don't know what a new day will bring you of ideas.

As many of you know the Turbo 3.6 is impressive and its amazing for Porsche to release something of this caliber back then when they were in deep financial troubles. Given all of that together, BadBoys movie and low production of 1,437 makes this an interesting package.

There is a certain lust to the wide arches, whale tale, speed line polished wheels with rivets and lip, single turbo, rwd and no traction control. Driving in this car it feels very special, simple but sometimes simplicity is the key. In todays society that is fast paced, lots of tensions and stress its impressive such a mean like the turbo 3.6 will make you forget about the bad day your facing and just have a grin driving it peacefully or flat out. This turbo monster requires your 110% attention when the turbo's spool and is a menace of a car.

In conclusion, where there is a will there is a way. Its important to not lose the passion and work hard to this dream or any thing you really want in life. After 18+ years I got to own my very own Turbo 3.6 and its one of my proudest achievements is doing it on my own. In the very own words of one of my favourite artists the late Frank Sinatra.

"I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way "

I like to kick back and relax to the tune of Frank Sinatra My Way as I rest on the couch wasting time and looking at the Black Beauty the Turbo 3.6

Enjoy the pictures and have a great day!!!

Mohammed
Old 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 530 Posts

Enjoy it in good health!

Mine has been sitting in storage for the past couple of months and until the snow finally melts. I have decided to convert it back to full stock so can't wait to start that project.

Quick Reply: Cleaning my Turbo 3.6 and impressions of ownership