Boost Guage instead of Clock

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 05:59 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boost Guage instead of Clock

Hello,

My Turbo has a aftermarket greddy boost guage in the interior where the lock button is placed and in the near future I want to install the boost guage instead of the clock (I've seen) because I want it to be as close to Factory look as I can.

How hard can it be ?

Is there a DIY or instructions ?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Some have been produced but I could not get anyone in this country (the two main sources; Palo Alto Speedometer and Hollywood Speedometer) interested to make one for me.
There are units for the 930 but then you will lose the warning lights that are imbedded in the 964 clock.
There are alternatives. The In Your Face gauge that is installed in the tach (very expensive and not a solution if you prefer originality) and installing a gauge in the center console as I have done (photo attached).
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the guage installed similar to yours. Thanks, looks like I am going to keep it as is. Where did you get your floormats, they are very nice.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

They came with the car.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 PM
DA VINCI
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...73f49f&vxp=mtr
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I have a boost gauge at the center of the console too. It would be ace if it can be incorporated in in the clock like factory.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the 930 boost gauge (made by hollywood actually but sold through automotion) and had hollywood do something custom. To use the boost guage you must leave the clock plugged in and hide it behind the dash (use microfibers or bubble wrap to protect it). I came up with the simple idea of having someone run wires from the clock warning lights to some custom lights on the boost guage. If the light comes on the clock it comes on the boost gauge seemed simple enough. Had to convince Kevin at hollywood but he did it for me and put the warning light logo's on the boost guage. He would only let me have three so I chose the important fan belt, battery (car will stop running without enough charge), and one more I can think of at the moment. He placed them on the bottom where there is room

You can call him and ask about my specific setup and I'm sure he would discuss it with you. I purchased a used clock off ebay to keep my factory one unmolested which was $100'ish and he charged something like $250 for the entire setup (I supplied the boost guage).

Quick Reply: Boost Guage instead of Clock