964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

GHL exhaust pics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 05:29 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post GHL exhaust pics?

Do any of you have pics of the GHL exhaust installed? What do the tips look like on the car, do they sit flush, are they angle cut, do they look right?

How about the sound? Any HP improvement?

I hooked the 911 up to a wideband O2 sensor today and was disapointed with the results of the Andial fueler. I'll give more details soon. I'm getting pretty fed up with tuner lipservice of what a product will do. It seems very few people actually objectively test products they buy.

Here's an open warning to any tuner that sells me junk, I will expose you for the junk that your company sells. If you say 30hp, I expect 30hp and I will test it and report on it!

fc-racer
Old 06-17-2002, 10:28 AM
jeff91C2T
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have pics of the Powerhouse headers, not GHL. I've heard folks talk about who's really making the headers and am somewhat confused to be honest. There are only a few folks making them and a lot selling...

Over on the Pelican site there was a lot of discussion about the GHL's (not fitting). To summarize, they've got great service to their customers but the product has quality issues.

Sounds like your fueler isn't responding they way it was advertised. Any details??? We were at a dyno shop the other day and one of us was running an Andial fuel enrichment. Definetly did what it was supposed to. At the full enrichment setting, the A/F ratio dropped off the chart (way rich).
Old 06-17-2002, 10:40 PM
aeroguy
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished installing the GHL headers on my 91 c2T and found that they fit perfectly with no real hassels. The only thing I noticed was that I couldn't use the bracket [4 bolt flange] that goes from the motor to the turbo inlet anymore. The waste gate sits well and the heater boxes worked out pretty easily. If you don't have access to a car lift then this might be a big project for a average home mechanic. I use a Fabspeed cat eliminater and stock muffler. I recently bought a Fabspeed U tube muffler elliminater but it makes my car sound like some ol' loud dump truck when leaving a red light, but it was awsome sounding at 4000+, generally to loud for me, but if someone out there wants a GOOD DEAL on the tube e-mail me. As with most aftermarket things there were no instructions so be advised that headers have to go on as a single unit, not in two halves, they look beautiful when its all done
John Cobb - 91c2T 88-944 - 83-911 cab
Old 06-19-2002, 04:43 PM
jeff91C2T
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
More info:

<a href="http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71893" target="_blank">GHL discussion</a>
Old 06-19-2002, 05:15 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a picture of my exhaust systems: GHL headers + B&B exhaust. The previous owner purcahsed the components - I know he tried to get an all GHL exhaust, but the muffler wouldn't fit so he went to the B&B.

I don't know if it adds extra HP since there were no "before" dyno runs. I do believe the headers really help with turbo lag. I have a K-29 that comes on around 2700-2800 rpm. Not bad considering it is such a big unit.

Hope this helps
Old 06-23-2002, 03:47 AM
964turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

hi aeroguy, did you buy the assemble kit from GHL
along with the purchase of the header? is it
neccessary to have the kit? thanks

Quick Reply: GHL exhaust pics?