Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 04:33 PM
greg1234
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Turbo 3.6 option codes

John - (and any other RHD Turbo 3.6 owners out there) -

what option codes does your car have??

Mine has several that don't show up in the online option decoders that are out there on the Web - in particular there's one that translates to "UK Lux spec" but I can't find any details on what that includes...

FWIW mine are
C16 139 340 407 513 567 650 935 980
10041 10042 10043

The last three I also can't translate..

What does yours have??
Old 03-04-2002, 05:11 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 344 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by greg1234:
<strong>John - (and any other RHD Turbo 3.6 owners out there) -

what option codes does your car have??

Mine has several that don't show up in the online option decoders that are out there on the Web - in particular there's one that translates to "UK Lux spec" but I can't find any details on what that includes...

FWIW mine are
C16 139 340 407 513 567 650 935 980
10041 10042 10043

The last three I also can't translate..

What does yours have??</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Greg,

Another busy day at the office? My plan at the end of my contract is similar to your current one i.e. take some time off, get fit and play with all of my toys until I get bored. Then I'll slot back into the real world at some point or another...tell me it works that way eventually!

Anyway, back to your request. Seeing the paint code again brings back unpleasant memories of trying to work out what I had bought (FYI my car has been repainted to Polar Silver), but I'll do this just for you. My data plate has the following on it:

VIN wpozzz96zPS470223
Model Number 964 771
Engine/transmission code M6450-61P G5052-20
Paint Code/L37X Horizon Blue Metallic
Interior Trim VD
Optional Equipment
C26 Unknown option
383 Sports seat - left
387 Sports seat - right
567 Windshield green graduated tint
650 Sunroof

Snap on 567 and 650, but where are your sports seats?

BTW: A post in the Porsche Turbo forum allowed me to track down one of the 15 Australian Turbo 3.6s in an ad. Seems that it had its motor stolen a number of years ago and has now been barstardised; 993 motor, no Speedlines. So now there are only 62!

Has your tale of woe been resolved in any way yet?
Old 03-04-2002, 06:16 PM
greg1234
Racer

[quote] Hi Greg,

Another busy day at the office? My plan at the end of my contract is similar to your current one i.e. take some time off, get fit and play with all of my toys until I get bored. Then I'll slot back into the real world at some point or another...tell me it works that way eventually!

<hr></blockquote>

Ummm.. yup... frantic here today. I had to get up unusually early today - I think it was 9am or something like that..

Yes, it does work like that... eventually.. At least I think so. Bear in mind I spent a tough 7 years in my last job, with virtually no time off, so I reckoned I needed a good break. After 4 months I am now showing some signs of wanting to get back to work. And my wife is fed up with me being around the house

Thanks for posting your codes. I don't think I have sports seats. I have fully electric seats with heating and lumbar support (driver's side). And with ruffled leather. (Very similar to the seats I had in the 928 GTS.) Perhaps if I had sports seats I'd have more headroom...?

Were things like aircon standard then on these cars? I wasn't sure if that was the case or if perhaps that was part of the "UK lux specification" (Code C16) which is rumoured to consist of metallic paint, tinted glass and "other goodies" - whatever these might be.

Interestingly enough - code 407 is "polished 18" wheels" - so maybe my car did indeed start off with the polished ones and not the painted ones. I think I still prefer the painted wheels with Speed Yellow though - I reckon the polished ones look better with dark body colour.

I have no idea what the 10041, 10042 and 10043 codes are. Nor what your C26 is.

Oh - good to hear about the increasng rarity of your car..... 61 more to go...
Old 03-05-2002, 03:21 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 344 Posts
Hi Greg,

C26 is most likely to be a code for the original country of delivery, in my case Singapore. Adrian was collecting these codes for his book so it will no doubt be confirmed later on.

My seats are manual forward/aft, but electric height. Personally, I think electric seats are a bit of a waste of time...who else is going to drive anyway? No heating in my seats either, but that isn't surprising in this part of the world. The seats have quite large bolsters, but don't feel too extreme.

As for head room, I don't think sports seats help too much. I'm 6'4" and gained some useful room by getting the seat put back one notch. At the full rear position I have trouble steering comfortably because it's a fair distance to the wheel. Of course there is a trade-off with going back, the roof line starts to eat up the gains if you go too far back.

Air con and leather seemed to be standard with these cars, but it's always dangerous to state anything like that with any certainty. My air-con is a bit weak and it's on my list of things to do, could be a recharge.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:01 AM
greg1234
Racer

I've just realised that I said "increasing rarity of your car" when I should have said "our cars".. perhaps I do need to get back to work before my mind turns completely to mush..

As far as my tale of woe goes - I think the car is actually in very good shape. The PPI did throw up a long list of items but most are trivial. The only serious items are creaking clutch, wishbone that needs replacement... actually those are the main two. Next would be weak aircon, corroded heat exchangers, corroded air recirc tubes etc).

The dealer has agreed to take the car in to try and cure the creaking clutch, so that's good. I have asked if he will replace the wishbone too on the understanding that if it *doesn't* improve the handling, I'll pay for it. Seems fair to me - can't really expect them to pay for things that turn out not to have really needed replacement. I'll keep you posted.

(I saw a RHD Turbo 3.6 for sale the other day that was in *terrible* condition.. I mean really terrible. Headlining was hanging down, clear evidence of a major front-end smash, doors and glovebox that didn't open properly, engine compartment release that didn't work at all... after seeing a car like that I do appreciate the condition of mine a lot more)
Old 03-05-2002, 05:46 AM
domsterUK
2nd Gear

Hi Greg and people,

Quick introduction - I was looking at 3.6s with Greg the other day, and he was kind enough to take me out for a spin in his yellow beast. I currently drive a Lotus Carlton, which might not mean a lot to Americans on this list unless you know the Silver State Classic road race... a friend of mine called Joe Ellis races one (see <a href="http://www.racecar.co.uk/btb/)" target="_blank">www.racecar.co.uk/btb/)</a> at over 160mph for miles and miles. It will shortly be replaced by a Porsche, most likely a 3.6 if I find a good one.

Greg - just to confirm, your seats (although nice) aren't sports seats, which have much deeper side bolsters. I love the RS buckets in leather, but you lose the practicality of rear seats then. A 3.3 T2 owner I know reckons you can save 50kg by ditching the seats for kevlar buckets.

The blue 3.6 T2 we saw was untouchable really - massive front end damage was evident. We saw a LHD one in speed yellow as well - v cheap but it had had a hard life. Not sure if it would bite back maintenance wise later on.

Will keep the list posted as to what happens re my next purchase, although may still consider a 3.3 T2 if the 'right one' came along (still love the 3.6 though!).

Rgds
Dom
Old 03-05-2002, 06:23 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Guys,
C codes are country codes for each initial delivery.
C26 is Singapore.
Very important to have this number should you need to replace the factory alarm unit.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Quick Reply: Turbo 3.6 option codes