964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

after market suspension for 3.6 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:09 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post after market suspension for 3.6 turbo

where the best place to look or who to talk to for an after market suspension for the 3.6 turbo?
Old 07-01-2003, 05:57 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

I really like my RUF setup which I purchased from Asgar @ <a href="http://www.weissach.com" target="_blank">www.weissach.com</a>
Old 07-01-2003, 11:16 PM
L8Apex
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tasracer,

Vision Motorsports has one of the best suspension setups I have seen. Each set are custom made for your car (they have their own shock dyno and calibrator). Plus they allow you to make one spring change free of charge is you want a different spring rate. Talk to Duane at Vision. <a href="http://www.visionmotorsports.com/" target="_blank">http://www.visionmotorsports.com/</a>

By the way hows Cleveberg? I lived in Bay Village, OH for awhile. You probably already know this but Cleveland has some really good Porsche tuners, especially for race setup!

Good Luck.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:36 AM
gmonsen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don;t have a lot of experience with them yet, but researched them a bit and have talked to several race guys, like Bobby Archer and Pete Dawe, and they recommend the MOTON setup that I have. The shocks are 15 click adjustable for bounce and rebound and have easily refillable remote nitrogen resevoirs. Pete said that's what his cars were using at the ALMS series and most SCCA cars he does. -Gordon
Old 07-07-2003, 10:15 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

windward perf races a 3.6 turbo and says they have a good combo for this car track/ street... custom valved coil overs.... ???

this application is so unique(3.6t)... just droping and siffening is not what i want someone has to have the right setup... what did the brumos 3.6t's run back then?
Old 07-08-2003, 10:26 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts
My 3.6T gets driven on the road, and at DE events. I have an H&R adjustable coil-over suspension on my car. I have been very happy with the adjustability and overall versatility of the set-up. I would be wary of Windward. While they do race a 3.6, I have seen several strings relating to VERY unhappy customers(on this board and Turbo911), and know of a few folks that sent in for upgrades with "core exchanges", and they never got the core OR the new parts from Windward (intercoolers). Reading these and listening to others lead me to PorschePhd at ImagineAuto.com Steven is honest and stands behind his work.Best of luck.

Quick Reply: after market suspension for 3.6 turbo