964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Midnight blue pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 06:11 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Midnight blue pics

Do any of you have a nice side pic of a midnight blue C2 Turbo that you can email me? Email me at farzaan.kassam@telus.com

Actually, any midnight blue angles would be appreciated. I want to get a feel for that colour on this car and I also want to try different colour wheels using Photoshop

Thanks,
Farzaan
Old 11-29-2001, 02:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

If you read my running report on John Miles site, you will see I was first tempted by a Midnight Blue Turbo 3.6; the above photo is of the car. Beauty is only skin deep in this case, the car is estimated to have had US$42,000 of body repairs following an accident it had when only three days old.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:22 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
John,

Thanks for the picture, beautiful car regardless.

Question for you. Do you notice the front split chin spoilers in the picture? They are from a Turbo 3.6 S model.

I am looking for a set of these, even replica, if the price is not too outrageous.

Any ideas where to find them?

Thanks,

Sonny Vo
ps: 20 more day, heh.... My beast is sleeping because of rain in Southern Cali...
Old 11-29-2001, 09:29 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts
Hi Sonny, I think these were standard on at least the ROW Turbo 3.6 - my car has them as well...but saying that is likely to get Adrian back on to my case, isn't it!

I'm beginning to get the impression that there are so many variables with these cars that nothing can be stated with any certainty.

If you want to see what a butt ugly Turbo 3.6 looks like, track down a copy of the October 911 & Porsche World magazine. They tested a Speed Yellow version (ok), with a near white interior and yellow highlights everywhere...no accounting for taste.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:36 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
John,

I have that issue of the magazine. The Turbo tail on that car is not normal. It's a one piece fiberglass or whatever material, because it is all Yellow.

I also questioned the all most White interior in that car too.

There a lot of "customized" cars with all White leather interiors, and I don't know why they do that. These are cars with updated body kits or converted from coupe to cabriolet from an old (questionable) tubs or chassis.

Sonny Vo
Old 11-30-2001, 04:38 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear John,
You are beginning to get it. NOTHING Porsche does is standard. No two 911s have ever left the factory identical. The Turbo 3.6 body options are many and in many more combinations.
You should not really use the word "Standard" but the words "Standard Option". There are many options to remove things as well. Isn´t this fun,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

PS: Why is all this important. To ensure you do not get ripped off and that Leopard skin interior with pink trim may have been original. Do not laugh I have seen one. All in pure leather. Even the instruments had pink surrounds. The biggest laugh was, this 911 was actually a 1989 Turbo. Outside colour was also PINK!!!.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:40 AM
J-McDonald
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adrian-- along those lines, I purchased a book about Porsches that has a red euro 964 Targa with black "Carrera" scripts on the sides (ala 1974 Carrera RS) and 17 inch turbo cup wheels with the spokes and centers painted black. The book asserts that the Carrera scripts were a factory option.
Old 12-01-2001, 05:30 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you guys feel about midnight blue with tan leather interior?

Informal poll among friends has about 50% blue, 30% silver and 20% red.

I'm a big fan of red cars, but wanted to get other opinions. Is that the only midnight blue pic we have in this whole board???

Thanks,
Farzaan
Old 12-03-2001, 08:33 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear J McDonald,
This is quite correct. The Carrera Scripts were an option. M462 is the number. The painted wheels were also an option but of course could have been done afterwards as well,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 12-07-2001, 11:57 AM
PeterH
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

This UK company has a speed yellow (not with the butt-ugly white interior) and a midnight blue turbo II. Gives front/rear and interior shots.
http://www.camtune.co.uk/camsale.htm

Midnight blue a very close 2nd to Mac's silver IMO

Rgds,
Peternull

Quick Reply: Midnight blue pics