964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Help with price of 3.6 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 09:06 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Post Help with price of 3.6 turbo

I have an opportunity to buy a 1994 3.6 turbo. Silver with Red interior. The car has 105K miles, the 115K service has been done (all services have been done and he has records ) the car is in very good condition. The seller wants $37,500. By the way, he is the original owner.

The mechanic, who works on the car, is a Porsche Master Tech and also my race mechanic. He has gone over the car and down the leakdown, check turbo etc. The car is in wonderful mechanical shape.

When I went to Kelly Blue Book, and I know the car has high miles, but KBB had the car at $33,000 for a private seller. that seems kind of low, or is it?

I need expertise from you guys that know these cars.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 10:37 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That seems like a good price, but there is almost nothing to use for comparison. This is the higheest mileage 3.6T I have seen. KBB is unreliable for establishing turbo prices.

With 115K miles you have to face up to the fact that you will need to invest money in this car to keep it in top shape. Although your compression and leakdown numbers maybe good, replacement of valve guides are sure to pop up soon. I guess it really depends on how much work has already been done - shocks, bushings, etc.

Considering a car with about half the mileage goes for another $16K - $20K, the price seems fair.

Quick Reply: Help with price of 3.6 turbo