964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

fabspeed pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 01:10 AM
Ian964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post fabspeed pipe

I don't want to beat a dead horse here because I know we have talked about this a lot in the past few months.

I am going to order the fabspeed cat bypass pipe and was wondering how much louder does it make your car. Like say 20% louder? And also did you have trouble with inspections? Does my old cat have any value if I was going to sell it on ebay?

What other stuff can I do to my car other then the J pipe muffler bypass that will make my car louder. I love having a loud car, I can hear it at idle inside like 100 feet away.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:17 PM
69COU
Racer

Do the cat bypass but not the J Pipe and you may like that as the ideal. At leastr J Pipe and rear mufler are only a 5 min job to change.

The Cat/ Bypass it a lot harder to switch. Not sure of your local inspections but would keep the CAT anyhow.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
This is Joe @ Fabspeed. The catbypass pipe makes more power and faster spool-up than anything else. It is deep and throaty on a C@ Turbo and is quiter than a 2ndary muffler bypass pipe or "J" pipe. The "J" pipe is louder and offers less power but is emissions legal. Its super easy to install either system and of course "when you have to........remove and re-install either system" for state inspections.
have a great day
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 06-29-2003, 11:20 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
I just bought a 3.6 turbo. I want to do a couple of simple mods, nothing major and though the bypass pipe is a must.I was told the rear bumper cover must be removed to install the cat bypass pipe. Although that isn't a ton of work, i was wondering if it was ture?
Old 06-30-2003, 01:27 AM
MrBitterman
AutoX

I would say no, I was able to do this without taking off the rear bumper cover. All bolts are pretty easy to get to with the exception of the top rearmost one (closest to the cover). Just spray lube on the 4 nuts and let it soak in a bit then pad your knuckles (hehe). Just kidding.... If you have to have your car emissons tested keep your cat handy.

Quick Reply: fabspeed pipe