Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Unhappy A sad end

Guys,
I am sad to report that the 964 Turbo community is now down another one. My very dear friend Denis who lives in Lausanne Switzerland, crashed his Turbo on Monday 11th June on his way home from a Porsche get together in France. Luckily Denis walked away with only a few cuts and bruises.
Denis has spent a lot of money on this Turbo with major suspension modifications, a few engine mods, RUF wheels etc.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 06-12-2001, 07:29 AM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about Denis's turbo. Glad he walked away fine. I feared something worse given your title heading and the first two sentences. Best wishes to him.
Old 06-12-2001, 08:12 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am glad that Denis walked away without serious injuries.

These cars are becoming rarer and rarer everyday. I have yet to see another 964 Turbo 3.3L around since I bought my '92 C2 Turbo and I live in Southern Califorina, USA.

Sonny
Old 06-13-2001, 08:17 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Denis will post the photos when the insurance claim is concluded to our web site. I will keep you all updated. I have been sent six photos and I have already told Denis to go purchase a lottery ticket. The roof is crushed on the drivers side, below the level of the steering wheel. The drivers seat headrest is bent over 90 degrees. The entire body has been reshaped and flattened. It is a terrible mess and both he and his paseenger walked away battered and bruised but not hurt.
Ciao,
Adrian.

Quick Reply: A sad end