964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Vacuum / turbo hosing diagram

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:18 AM
kosarn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vacuum / turbo hosing diagram

I bought a used 3.3l turbo which was equipped with a Blitz boost controller. The turbocharger gave up and I got a new one and would like to make the car stock again. The previous owner have changed the hoses whie installing the boost controller so I have no clue how to make it stock and where are hoses connect. I bought the Bentley technical data without guesswork and there is a diagram but it is not detailed enough when starting from nothing.

Is there anywhere I can get a clear vacuum hosing diagram for a 965 3.3l turbo?

I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/VACDIA.html
Old 11-01-2011, 12:52 PM
fritz k.
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

hi,

originally there is only one pressure related hose. its about 12mm thick, starts on the intercooler (left side) and bends down to the pipe which goes through the engine tin and ends at the bottom of the wastegate. guess this hose is connected to the blitz controller or to the solenoid on your car.

the top pipe at the wastegate is just a vent, it goes thru tin and ends up open in the compartment originally. some of the aftermarket controller are using the top pipe for controlling the pressure.

there is another hose, leads from intake manifold to EZ69 ingnition controller. should be in place on your car.

fritz
Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM
kosarn
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply Fritz!

I also have a blue hose (doesn't look stock to me) going from the enginecomparment into the cabin. I haven't yet seen the other end of the hose inside the cabin. Should the be such a hose, or is it some left overs from the Blitz controller? In case there should be one, where should it connect?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 PM
fritz k.
Pro

Hi,

no, there should not be such hose into the cabin, its a leftover from the blitz controller.
as i wrote stock is just one hose from the intercooler to the wastegate (bottom) and another from the wastegate (top) into the engine compartment. both hoses are connected to the wastegate by short, bended pipes.

fritz
Old 11-03-2011, 05:32 AM
kosarn
Intermediate

Vielen Dank Fritz!

I still have one addtional question about wiring to the sensors which are connected behind the intercooler. There are three wires coming to the IC (brown, green/brown and a white or very lightbrown) Which should connect where? If I remember correctly the the brown and white were both grounded to the ic while the the green/brown was connected to the smaller sensor and nothing to the larger boost pressure transmitter.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 AM
fritz k.
Pro

hi,

brown is intercooler ground, brown/green belongs to the bigger sensor and white to the smaller pressure switch.

the bigger sensor is for the pressure gauge in the tach, the smaller switch is for overboost shut off. enginge won´t start without the wihite cable in place.

fritz

Quick Reply: Vacuum / turbo hosing diagram