Retrofit Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 02:17 AM
jrgatfh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofit Heated Seats

Hey,

Was just wondering if its possible, or if anyone has, retrofitted heated seats in their turbo. I know this was a factory option. I'd only be interested in doing it the "factory-correct" way. Not interested in any 3rd party kits.

Also, for anyone that does have this option, do the heated seats work well?
Old 10-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Vifa
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What seats do you have installed now ?

I believe the only thing you need is to find some seats with this option, installing them would probably be no problem.

We don't have heated seats in our BMW E39, but everything is ready to be hooked up.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgatfh
Was just wondering if its possible, or if anyone has, retrofitted heated seats in their turbo. I know this was a factory option. I'd only be interested in doing it the "factory-correct" way. Not interested in any 3rd party kits.
Most guys here want camshafts, bigger turbos, ect. You lust for heated seats
I'm jones-ing for sports seats. If they also happen to be heated, all the better.
I seem to recall that someone over on the 964 board was able to retrofit his seats with the heater grid and switch. You might want to do a search for "heated seats". It might be easier to go that route than to find another set of seats.
Good luck.

Update: got a good one- https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ted-seats.html
Enjoy!

Last edited by Metal Guru; 10-10-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:59 PM
jrgatfh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Most guys here want camshafts, bigger turbos, ect. You lust for heated seats
I'm jones-ing for sports seats. If they also happen to be heated, all the better.
I seem to recall that someone over on the 964 board was able to retrofit his seats with the heater grid and switch. You might want to do a search for "heated seats". It might be easier to go that route than to find another set of seats.
Good luck.

Update: got a good one- https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ted-seats.html
Enjoy!
Haha, I've already done headers/exhaust and the suspension, and have toyed with a bigger turbo (just kind of apprehensive about upping the boost levels on the car), but I was driving the car the other day and thought about how nice it'd be to have heated seats with the cooler weather coming. I know they offered it as a factory option, and I also have been lusting for sport seats, maybe the best of both worlds is possible. I guess time will tell .

Just out of curiosity, how is the heating system in your car? Mine doesn't really blow all that hot, its more luke warm lol I don't know if this is normal or if it is dependent of the motor temp since we have heater boxes.

Anyways as always thanks for your help and opinions, especially you Metal Guru, I should make a donation to your bank account for all the help/advice over the past few years
Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgatfh
Just out of curiosity, how is the heating system in your car? Mine doesn't really blow all that hot, its more luke warm lol I don't know if this is normal or if it is dependent of the motor temp since we have heater boxes.
There's a small coil in the CCU (climate control unit) that gets dirty. If you shine a small flashlight into the air louvers on the CCU you can see it. Take some compressed CO2 like you would clean a computer out with and blow it clean.

Mine is ok for heat but the CCU makes it oscillate a little more than I would like.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Check the 968 dismantlers, the seats were interchangeable.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Here's a pair of heated sport seats of the correct vintage. Looks like they need recovering: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ort-seats.html

Quick Reply: Retrofit Heated Seats