Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Correct connection for EZ, BOV, and EBC

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011 | 04:30 PM
Francisco Martinez
Racer

Default Correct connection for EZ, BOV, and EBC

I searched and could not find the answer the 965s (or at least the 3.6) have three vaccum ports. Looking from the backand over the TB (without the IC), there is a T connected post butterfly with the right side connected to the WUR and the left side I am currently using for Zeitronix and AIC Injector and Boost Controller. Then there is one more port slanted to the right that is pre-butterfly and on my car is connected to the EZ and Bypass Valve. I am concerned that the EZ should not be connected to a pre-butterfly port.

Just wanted some confirmation on this:

Electronic Boost Control Signal -> Post-Butterfly
WUR -> Post-Butterfly
EZ -> Post-Butterfly

Bypass Valve -> Pre-Butterfly

Does this sound right? Are there any other ports available? I read a thread mentioning a port on the left side of the intake manifold for use with the EZ?
If anyone can confirm the factory conection points, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-03-2011 | 06:44 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Francisco Martinez
I searched and could not find the answer the 965s (or at least the 3.6) have three vaccum ports. Looking from the backand over the TB (without the IC), there is a T connected post butterfly with the right side connected to the WUR and the left side I am currently using for Zeitronix and AIC Injector and Boost Controller. Then there is one more port slanted to the right that is pre-butterfly and on my car is connected to the EZ and Bypass Valve. I am concerned that the EZ should not be connected to a pre-butterfly port.

Just wanted some confirmation on this:

Electronic Boost Control Signal -> Post-Butterfly
WUR -> Post-Butterfly
EZ -> Post-Butterfly

Bypass Valve -> Pre-Butterfly

Does this sound right? Are there any other ports available? I read a thread mentioning a port on the left side of the intake manifold for use with the EZ?
If anyone can confirm the factory conection points, that would be greatly appreciated.
The EZ unit is supposed to be connected to a port on the lh side of the intake manifold, between the #1 and 2 runners, so it senses true manifold vacuum. The wur line is connected post-butterfly also, as well as the diaphragm valve for the recirc circuit and the bov. On a stock 965, the wastegate signal line is connected pre-butterfly at the intercooler.
Old 08-03-2011 | 10:52 PM
Francisco Martinez
Racer

Agree with everything except BOV referencing to the intake manifold pressure rather than pressure between the compressor and throttle body? Not that I want to question a GURU but you sure about this one?

Thanks for your reply, I have to find original port for the EZ which concerns me the most.
Old 08-03-2011 | 10:58 PM
Francisco Martinez
Racer

I stand corrected, a Guru will always be a Guru, thanks, there is more changing to do then. Do you know what the pre-butterfly port is supposed to be for?
Old 08-04-2011 | 06:52 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

If the 3.6 is like the 3.3, I think that it's for the air injection. I had to cap mine off when I removed the system.
Old 08-04-2011 | 07:12 PM
Francisco Martinez
Racer

Must be, I also had the injection system removed.

Quick Reply: Correct connection for EZ, BOV, and EBC