Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Irritating intermittent abs lights on/speedo off problem

Old 03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
arjay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update and question.

I finally got around to tackling this intermittent abs/light fault. (I have been separated from the car for months).

OK - I carried out the full "clock repair" suggested elsewhere in this thread. I re-soldered all 15 or so pins behind the PCB on the clock. For good measure I also removed the Speedo and re-soldered the five pin connectors on the back of the Speedo. Since it now always cuts out when the ABS light comes on I thought I might as well do this at the same time).

Refitted everything and went out for a drive. Sadly the light came on again within 10 miles or so and the Speedo "died" immediately - as did the computer trip. It all works again when I re-start the car and then dies again after a few miles - sometimes when hitting a bump but often for no apparent reason.

I am now going to re-visit the ABS relay and try the suggestion above about jumping 30 to 87. If that doesn't work I'll bite the bullet and change the ABS/speed sensor.

To that end - can anyone confirm that there is just one of these and that it is located in the nearside front wheel, drivers-side on a LHD model?

Thanks

RJ
Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
arjay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This turned out to be a faulty R34 relay even though it passed all tests for resistances, etc etc.

For a full description of the problem, the testing and photos of bridging the relay to test it see https://rennlist.com/forums/964-turb...ml#post9418377

Thanks to all who helped with this problem

RJ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Irritating intermittent abs lights on/speedo off problem