964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

White Turbo spotted in Short Hills, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default White Turbo spotted in Short Hills, NJ

Was that you, Craig, turning left onto Hartshorn Drive from Parsonage Hill Road today-white 964 Turbo?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:35 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure I heard him drive by my house
Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Y65MPH
Pro

Yes gentlemen, that would be me.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

My son actually spotted you before I did, I must be slipping. Craig, and maybe tjangi-when did the Arizona Iced Tea guy pull out that row of flowering cherry blossom trees he had placed on the Parsonage Hill Road side of his house? I remember vividly them going in, and now they've disappeared. Must've cost him a fortune to put those perfect trees in place.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
My son actually spotted you before I did, I must be slipping. Craig, and maybe tjangi-when did the Arizona Iced Tea guy pull out that row of flowering cherry blossom trees he had placed on the Parsonage Hill Road side of his house? I remember vividly them going in, and now they've disappeared. Must've cost him a fortune to put those perfect trees in place.
He did the trees without a permit and they were too close to the road. The town finally said they had to go. I think it also had to do with potential power line issues as well. The house is for sale. He is divorced and the ex-wife moved to Harding. Why dont you buy it? Its only 9 million. I'll bring you a nice house warming gift.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Wasn't yesterday Paterek's. Sorry I missed it, I got involved and didn't make it down to Chatham until 3. Finally pulled the 928 yesterday now on to the other cars before summer.

New suspension for turbo should be arriving this week.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Paterek was great. Some cool cars including a 63 split window vette came by. Good turn out.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Y65MPH
He did the trees without a permit and they were too close to the road. The town finally said they had to go. I think it also had to do with potential power line issues as well. The house is for sale. He is divorced and the ex-wife moved to Harding. Why dont you buy it? Its only 9 million. I'll bring you a nice house warming gift.
There was a rumor that Eli Manning was buying either that house or the one with the new addition just south on Highland Ave, but I haven't been able to confirm it. I had heard about the divorce. Not buying that house anytime soon! A previous owner of that house was JC Willever, president of Western Union. My dad would deliver telegrams that were received at Fruchtman's Pharmacy (now Starbucks) and bring them to the house for him. Thanks for solving the mystery!

Cobalt, I drove right by you yesterday-went to the Andy Warhol Cars exhibit at the Montclair Museum, then went lowbrow-lunch at the Hot Grill-the g/f grew up in Clifton and had a hankering for two 'all the way'.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

There was a rumor that Eli Manning was buying either that house or the one with the new addition just south on Highland Ave, but I haven't been able to confirm it. I had heard about the divorce. Not buying that house anytime soon! A previous owner of that house was JC Willever, president of Western Union. My dad would deliver telegrams that were received at Fruchtman's Pharmacy (now Starbucks) and bring them to the house for him. Thanks for solving the mystery!

Cobalt, I drove right by you yesterday-went to the Andy Warhol Cars exhibit at the Montclair Museum, then went lowbrow-lunch at the Hot Grill-the g/f grew up in Clifton and had a hankering for two 'all the way'.
How was the Warhol exhibit I was thinking about checking it out. Any time your in the neighborhood your always welcome.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:57 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Well Craig since we are on the subject of your car why dont you post some pics of that bad boy
Old 04-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Anthony, the exhibit was fun-they have a video of Warhol painting some of the BMW art cars with some contemporary race footage. Lot's of old American iron as well. Worth a visit.

She gave me a choice of Holstens or the Hot Grill, went for the hot dogs. And, as a good Jersey gal, she ordered fries well done with gravy on the side! She eats incredibly healthy, but does on occasion indulge.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
New suspension for turbo should be arriving this week
What did you buy?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:19 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Anthony, the exhibit was fun-they have a video of Warhol painting some of the BMW art cars with some contemporary race footage. Lot's of old American iron as well. Worth a visit.

She gave me a choice of Holstens or the Hot Grill, went for the hot dogs. And, as a good Jersey gal, she ordered fries well done with gravy on the side! She eats incredibly healthy, but does on occasion indulge.
I agree with your choice Holstens is good late night desert. She sounds like a keeper.

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
What did you buy?
Got my hands on a set of NLA H&R Club sport shocks and springs. should be an improvement over the Bilstein HD's and H&R reds which will be up for sale soon.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Well Craig since we are on the subject of your car why dont you post some pics of that bad boy
As Requested. I took these a few minutes ago.
Attached Images      
Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

The important part
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: White Turbo spotted in Short Hills, NJ