wtb: 3.6 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:37 AM
castorjs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtb: 3.6 turbo

Hi:

Well, I thought I would start looking again. I know they are scarce. Looking for a higher mileage 3.6 turbo totally stock at least in appearance. Like any color except red and dark blue. Love slate gray and silver.

Thanks,

Jon
castorjs@yahoo.com
Old 02-17-2011, 04:49 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by castorjs
Hi:

Well, I thought I would start looking again. I know they are scarce. Looking for a higher mileage 3.6 turbo totally stock at least in appearance. Like any color except red and dark blue. Love slate gray and silver.

Thanks,

Jon
castorjs@yahoo.com
Did you ever contact the guys at Protosport about the polar silver car they have. Narrow body trailing arms but stock appearance otherwise. 973-839-5353. No affiliation.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
castorjs
Instructor

I had seen that car before. It does not have the stock tail or wheels and it has a partial cage in it. I think it was tracked extensively. Thanks for looking out for me though. I want the total stock look including the interior with no real mods except for maybe exhaust, etc.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I had seen that car before. It does not have the stock tail or wheels and it has a partial cage in it. I think it was tracked extensively. Thanks for looking out for me though. I want the total stock look including the interior with no real mods except for maybe exhaust, etc.
It does have track time but since you saw it last I know they redid the interior, removed the cage and it does have the original wheels and tail. A fresh motor too. Suspension and brakes are modified extensively but with some serious upgraded equipment. If your looking for a higher mileage car this might be worth a second look since it has been refreshed. Price might make it a consideration.

I have not seen many 3.6T's for sale at all lately. Seems as though everyone is holding onto theirs at least until the market changes. I know I will not let mine go for anything less than 6 figures and I could hold my breath for an eternity before anyone offers me that much.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:08 AM
castorjs
Instructor

Its true I have not personally seen that car in a long time. But he had it advertised in pelican parts not too long ago and it looked identical to when I saw it so I assumed the car was unchanged. I think he was asking $59k. For that money, there was a white one in Riveria Beach, FL that was much nicer for $62k, just missing the speedlines. I have not seen it again I think it was sold.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:25 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Its true I have not personally seen that car in a long time. But he had it advertised in pelican parts not too long ago and it looked identical to when I saw it so I assumed the car was unchanged. I think he was asking $59k. For that money, there was a white one in Riveria Beach, FL that was much nicer for $62k, just missing the speedlines. I have not seen it again I think it was sold.
Didn't realize he was asking anything near that much. He does have the original speedlines for it but they are painted black center. These were supplied from the factory this way. I am not sure how motivated he is to sell but agree that at that price it opens up other options.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 AM
castorjs
Instructor

What part of nj are you in?
Old 02-18-2011, 12:09 PM
castorjs
Instructor

Are we talking about the same car?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...3-6-turbo.html
Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I am 13 miles west of NYC and about 6 miles away from the car. Yes it is the same car. AFAIK he has the original tail and speedlines.

If you want to talk send me a PM.

Quick Reply: wtb: 3.6 turbo