964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Engine Bay Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Vifa
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[espin911]

I would like to see some pics of your car..
Old 02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
espin911
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos soon

Vifa,
I will present my car soon in a dedicated post.
At the moment I'm out of Italy, I will be back in two weeks time.

Ciao
Ettore
Old 02-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Sifly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I had an hour spare, so I decided to tidy up the engine bay stickers as I've had the bits sitting around for a while!!

Ettore, my car had tyre sticker number 964.701.287.03 on it, (see pics) which was the part number that my OPC also gave me using my VIN No. when I ordered a new one. So I have replaced like for like although the style has now changed to a more readable format!

The sticky from the old plaques is not easy to remove but I eventually got there!! I also replaced the Oil Plaque as all the information on mine had worn away over the 19 years!! This now comes in the form of a silver foil sticker with the same part number. Whilst I was at it, I also replaced the old and bubbling Mobil 1 sticker with a reproduction Shell item (thanks Adam) as it would have had originally. Interestingly, when I removed the Mobil sticker, I could see the dirty outline of the original Shell item which confirms that a dealer has swapped it over during a service at some point.

Original tyre plaque (well worn)!

Old Mobil 1 sticker

Before

After

Finished, and much tidier!!

Last edited by Sifly; 02-28-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Pics added
Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
JamesE
Addict
Rennlist Member

RIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 478 Likes on 227 Posts

I thought I'd ressurect this thread as I'm currently in the process of having a bare metal respray carried out on my 964 RS.

My paint guy was insistent that the engine cover slam panel needed to be stripped back to bare metal to ensure a correct colour match between the rear quarter panels and the slam panel.

I didn't question his judgement until he told me to get the replacement tyre pressure and engine oil fill instruction sticker/foils. As many have found out, whilst the factory supplies replacement foils, they're nothing like the originals fiited to the cars back in 1989.

Fortunately my paint guy kept the original items he'd removed, so I had the originals to copy/ work from.

I've found a company in the UK who've reproduced the originals using a far more durable printing process.

The original foils were 0.21mm in thickness. The shiny gold tyre pressure foil currently supplied by the factory is 0.38mm thick and the silver foil oil fill sticker currently supplied is 0.09mm thick.

The only material available in the Uk with a surface finish close to that of the original factory finish is 0.50mm thick.

Here are the results :

Below are images of the original foils removed from the car.

Shown in the image below are the tyre pressure foils.

The top foil is the original item taken off my RS. The second one down is the current foil available from Porsche. The third item down is my reproduction foil.

Shown in the image below are the oil fill instruction foils :

The top one is the original foil taken off my RS. The second item down is my reproduction foil. The third item down is the current foil available from from Porsche

The image below is my reproduction tyre pressure foil

The image below is m my reproduction oil fill foil

It's not my intention to break any forum rules and if the mods consider any aspect of the thread as doing so, please advise me accordingly.

To make production of the foils possible, I had to have ten of each made. I'm willing to sell these to fellow RL'ers. If anyone would like to purchase a set, please send me a PM or better still, Email me @ henmarcu@gmail.com

If you guys (or the mods) feel this topic should be the subject (or is worthy) of a new thread on the 964 forum, please let me know.

Last edited by Atgani; 06-08-2012 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Edit text
Old 06-22-2012, 08:09 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Have the dealer run your vin you should be able to determine the labels associated with it when built.

Quick Reply: Engine Bay Stickers