964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Protosport in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:11 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Protosport in NJ

I have been talking with the Paul at Protosport about having them supply and install some mod's/upgrades for my stock 993TT. Usage is 70% street/30% DE Track events

I'm looking for an engine "kit" in the 500-520 crank HP/Tq range. Suspension wise will most likely go with PSS10's, RS sway bars, ERP arms etc.

I understand that Protosport are a Protomotive dealer and I am looking for historical references regarding Protosports work, knowledge, deliverables and after service support for their 993TT and other P customers.

Thus any experiences (+/-) the fellow RL'ers would be able to share with me in this forum would be very much appreciated.

thank VM.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:10 PM
tdarby
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a big fan. I had an 87 with there stage stage 2 turbo. It was a great car, fast and reliable. Here was a recent post on rennlist. Alot of + responses on 6speed as well.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-7-2009-a.html
Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Paul and John work on all of my cars. I actually had them service my Cayenne, GTS and my C2 is currently in their shop all in the last 4 weeks. Always happy with their work.

I have sent numerous people (25 +) to them for simple work to extreme engine upgrades and everyone comes back raving about what a wonderful job they do.

I don't think you will find anyone better to trust your car to and should have a great end result.

There are a couple of others on this forum who have had extreme engine work done by them producing 600+ hp and I think they would agree.

Good Luck.

BTW I watched the build on the car in the link above and it was a sweet ride when they were done. They have done numerous 993GT2 conversions one of which I almost purchased using full factory parts. I am sorry I missed out on this one it was more car than anyone could dream of.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Protosport in NJ