Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

So I found my car and bought it today....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that Shell station in the picture is right across the street from my brother's house.
You had a lousy weather day, but car looks sweet.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Gandara
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car
Old 10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
al 965
Instructor

I would have to got the Turbo you were looking at. If he didn't want to do a ppi , I would have done it my self . It is not that difficult to do. That was a well documented car an a great buy for a nice turbo. Good luck with your new ride, good looking car.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
mbackhand
Instructor

Originally Posted by al 965
I would have to got the Turbo you were looking at. If he didn't want to do a ppi , I would have done it my self . It is not that difficult to do. That was a well documented car an a great buy for a nice turbo. Good luck with your new ride, good looking car.
There was a lot more involved in that deal that feel through...
I am in Atlanta to start with and the car in in California. Yes, a PPI is not that hard to do but I wanted to do a leakdown test as well.
The motor was well documented but it was his first engine build on a Porsche motor and was built in his garage. I am sure it's a great car but I could not afford a gamble of that magnitude. A Proper PPI and I would have been all over it. It's water under the bridge at this point as I have my new one and I am happy.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Boeing 717

Received 263 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by m4hand
There was a lot more involved in that deal that feel through...
I am in Atlanta to start with and the car in in California. Yes, a PPI is not that hard to do but I wanted to do a leakdown test as well.
The motor was well documented but it was his first engine build on a Porsche motor and was built in his garage. I am sure it's a great car but I could not afford a gamble of that magnitude. A Proper PPI and I would have been all over it. It's water under the bridge at this point as I have my new one and I am happy.
Matt i was going to call you and come by today i had your number in my phone, i was right in your area in my turbo, but i got a speeding ticket and was no longer in the mood to socialize with anyone!!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:07 PM
mbackhand
Instructor

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Matt i was going to call you and come by today i had your number in my phone, i was right in your area in my turbo, but i got a speeding ticket and was no longer in the mood to socialize with anyone!!!!
Man,
You should have called. Give me a buzz this week and we can meet up.

I just put the clear turn signals on. I ordered on Friday morning and they got here today....from the west coast. Scary Fast
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Gandara
Pro

Those are some nice pictures, I like the widebody look, yes !

Quick Reply: So I found my car and bought it today....