964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

3.6 Turbo with 6k miles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:58 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Both red, I believe one is Steve G's ex. One has cashmere (which is Ray personal one) interior and other black (Steve's ex). The 993TT X50 on another note is stunning I have seen all of these in person. In my second life I want come back as Ray
I figured he had some of Steve's cars or were they Ray's first. They seem to trade a lot back and forth. Wish I could see them again. Only have a couple of turbo S's left around here.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:39 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Good luck with the purchase Jim. That's a sweet ride, gotta love those polished Speedlines
Ahem...It should of read, NO CHANCE! It is a sweet ride, but the CFO would kill me. You think AIG had it bad.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if the red one for sale has ever been through a car wash. Seriously, I would expect no paint imperfections whatsoever. Fresh maintenance? What is fresh maintenance on a Turbo with less than 6k miles?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Owzer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
I wonder if the red one for sale has ever been through a car wash. Seriously, I would expect no paint imperfections whatsoever. Fresh maintenance? What is fresh maintenance on a Turbo with less than 6k miles?
Change of oil...
Old 03-26-2009, 03:14 AM
schmidtwerk
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I inspected that car very closely in the summer or 2007 when I saw it a RPM. Ray has had the car for a while, but it was not offered for sale but could be bought. I was down there looking at another turbo, a black one, I just could not do black. I seriously considered the red/tan car at the time and thought it was the best looking color combo I had ever seen, it was just too much $$$ for me at the time. I ended up with a red/black one instead. I love that car in red....and I am not a red car guy. The car is near perfect, I looked it over, not much to add. If anyone is interested in buying it feel free to get my feedback on what I saw. Ray was a great guy with plenty of great cars. I wish I could have bought from him at the time.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by schmidtwerk
I inspected that car very closely in the summer or 2007 when I saw it a RPM. Ray has had the car for a while, but it was not offered for sale but could be bought. I was down there looking at another turbo, a black one, I just could not do black. I seriously considered the red/tan car at the time and thought it was the best looking color combo I had ever seen, it was just too much $$$ for me at the time. I ended up with a red/black one instead. I love that car in red....and I am not a red car guy. The car is near perfect, I looked it over, not much to add. If anyone is interested in buying it feel free to get my feedback on what I saw. Ray was a great guy with plenty of great cars. I wish I could have bought from him at the time.
From your memory, what wasn't 'perfect'?

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I have bought two cars from Ray, highly recomend as you get what you are prepared to pay for. He is a no frills take it or leave it guy absolutly no hassel. Im close to his location (20 mins) and can go by if you like but as has been previously mentioned his cars are good he wont keep them if they have issues.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:31 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ray is the best, I've purchased two sight unseen Porsches, both perfect.

Todd
Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, that's quite a testimony!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
schmidtwerk
Racer

Very slight peppering on the rear flares. Its impossible to drive one any distance without having that happen. The front plastic under the bumper was replaced as the original had slight scraping. Under the front pan the pcv undercoat had a couple scuff marks. Thats it. The car had ZERO paint work, the interior was new. The wheels are the polished version, I dont remember anything on the wheels. I looked at a lot of cars in five states trying to find the right one, this one was the best, just out of my price range. The red/tan I just LOVE! Call me if you wish 503-421-3210

Jeff
Old 03-27-2009, 01:44 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by schmidtwerk
Very slight peppering on the rear flares. Its impossible to drive one any distance without having that happen. The front plastic under the bumper was replaced as the original had slight scraping. Under the front pan the pcv undercoat had a couple scuff marks. Thats it. The car had ZERO paint work, the interior was new. The wheels are the polished version, I dont remember anything on the wheels. I looked at a lot of cars in five states trying to find the right one, this one was the best, just out of my price range. The red/tan I just LOVE! Call me if you wish 503-421-3210

Jeff
I am assuming this came from the factory with the short version of the fender guards? Mine has the taller version original paint and no peppering with far more miles.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:52 PM
schmidtwerk
Racer

The red/tan I think was an early car, somewhere in the 100s.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:19 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Thanks to everyone. This forum is the best. Everyone is so helpful and professional. I am really impressed. I am to going to think deeply about Ray's 964 Turbo. I am incredibly picky. That's just me wanting the best without pockets that are too deep. I think the 964 Turbo is a rare bird that will be a definite hit for a collector (already is). The alternative is to pay 130k for a new one and watch it depreciate in the first 5 years or more. I will keep you posted.

Thanks, again.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:02 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone. This forum is the best. Everyone is so helpful and professional. I am really impressed. I am to going to think deeply about Ray's 964 Turbo. I am incredibly picky. That's just me wanting the best without pockets that are too deep. I think the 964 Turbo is a rare bird that will be a definite hit for a collector (already is). The alternative is to pay 130k for a new one and watch it depreciate in the first 5 years or more. I will keep you posted.

Thanks, again.
Give in to the force Luke...go for it! I had a lot of people trying to talk me out of the Signal Green 3.6 that I bought from Ray, but just did what I wanted and bought it. Wish I still had it
Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
racelance
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

What ya think of the Red 3.6 at RPMsportscars.com?

www.rpmsportscars.com
Ahhh... red/tan - it won't disappoint you! I just took mine out today for the first time in since Spring hit - life is good!

Oh by the way... check it out, I hit a milestone today while driving it:

I still love it just as much as the day I purchased it!

Best of luck with your purchase.

Cheers,

Lance

Quick Reply: 3.6 Turbo with 6k miles?