964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Hell, stuck on Sat afternoon...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:56 PM
pmo75
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hell, stuck on Sat afternoon...

Nice weather over Long island, the 3 month old is sleeping and was going to sneak out for a ride. I haven't been using my car for 4 weeks and bang!, doesn't start. Cables and jump start are not working better, though it did 4 weeks ago.
i don't know how old the battery is, but I clearly don;t use the car enough, so better install a new one (any recommendation??).
now, I'm lucky because I fly home next week end where I have left my carrera 3.2. I'm thinking of selling it though because of blatant under-use. It's a very original 1986 but I only use it for a few week ends and a week in the summer....
Have a good WE everybody.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:44 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be the battery and/or you may have a drain somewhere in the system. Same thing happened to me with a new battery. Tech had to thoroughly scrub down the electronic system to find the drain. Fixed and now is fine.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:41 AM
dryheat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use an Optima and keep it on a battery tender. It's always ready to go. I've only had the battery for about 8 months, so I can't speak on longevity yet. I think my factory alarm drains the battery. Prior to the tender, if I would leave my car locked and not driven for more than 3 or 4 weeks it would be completely drained.

Quick Reply: Hell, stuck on Sat afternoon...