Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

LA964RS In this month's Excellence

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 05:18 AM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great read, great story, thanks for sharing!

Got any close up pics of the wheels? Would like to see that paint.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:21 PM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Read all about your car today and I have to say bravo! One beautifully done turbo..
Old 10-19-2008, 12:50 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schnele
Hey Robert I think my BTR as well as Ollie's is faster than your TT

Them's fight'n words.....actually wish you lived closer and we could swap seats for a bit....that would be good fun.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:04 AM
schnele
Rennlist Member

I will tell you what I will ship it out your way I always wanted to drive Highway 1. Too bad Olli shipped his car to Finland or we would have two barnstormers screaming up the California coast.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:45 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

that'd be cool. Mulholland and Angel's Crest would be recommended as well.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:37 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

i absolutely love the stance and wheel offsets on your car...the ruf's look amazing...enjoy in good health.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Just finished reading the artical. Very tastefully done with a great mix of parts. Bad *** looking porker for sure.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Default Want a plaque? Only slight damage!

This is random. My car (former car now, she lives in Austin, TX with rennlister pcar928fan) was also featured in the November, 2008 Excellence. The '82 928 barn (retired dentist's garage, actually) find:

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/439066-ob-barn-find.html

So when that came out, just before the magazine hit the news stand, I got a call from some idiot at an outfit called "In The News":

www.inthenewsonline.com

A big song and dance, but ultimately they lead you to believe they have somethng to do with the magazine or the publishing or something to that effect. Which of course is a total sham. In reality they are trying to sell you a $250 laminated plywood board with the article of your car glued to it and some cheesy plaque with your name engraved on it. They keep things vague, and before you know it this piece of ****e has arrived via UPS, then an invoice for $250. Bastards!

Imagine my surprise when something arrives that I did not order. Not only that it isn't even my car!

So then of course it gets ugly. I didn't order this! Take it back! Return to me the 45 minutes of my life you have stolen! Send the UPS guy back! Blah, blah, blah.

Sorry we can't do that sir... there is a procedure... you have to do this... or collections!!!

GIVE ME YOR EFFING SUPERVISOR! NOW!!!

Turns out their "return" policy is to simply destroy/deface the offensive bit of "art" and mail them the evidence. Which gives you a hint of how much they value their work

FS: Cheesy plaque featuring white 964/993tt creation. Slight razor damage, otherwise perfect. Incorrect owner's nametag. Free to a good home
Old 11-11-2008, 10:19 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Sent email regarding that cheesy plaque...featuring that questionable 965/993TT creation....Imagine wanting $250 for such a thing.....
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LA964RS
Sent email regarding that cheesy plaque...featuring that questionable 965/993TT creation....Imagine wanting $250 for such a thing.....
This fine creation of pretend wood, glue and faux-engraving is all yours man. I'll take it to a nearby shipping place tomorrow and then you can call them and arrange the shipping/packing over the phone. I'll get you a name/number when I have one.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:33 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

That's very neighborly. Certainly when you come to my parts I'll have to return the favor w/several cold beverages of your choice...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by kiesan
This is random. My car (former car now, she lives in Austin, TX with rennlister pcar928fan) was also featured in the November, 2008 Excellence. The '82 928 barn (retired dentist's garage, actually) find:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439066

So when that came out, just before the magazine hit the news stand, I got a call from some idiot at an outfit called "In The News":

www.inthenewsonline.com

A big song and dance, but ultimately they lead you to believe they have somethng to do with the magazine or the publishing or something to that effect. Which of course is a total sham. In reality they are trying to sell you a $250 laminated plywood board with the article of your car glued to it and some cheesy plaque with your name engraved on it. They keep things vague, and before you know it this piece of ****e has arrived via UPS, then an invoice for $250. Bastards!

Imagine my surprise when something arrives that I did not order. Not only that it isn't even my car!

So then of course it gets ugly. I didn't order this! Take it back! Return to me the 45 minutes of my life you have stolen! Send the UPS guy back! Blah, blah, blah.

Sorry we can't do that sir... there is a procedure... you have to do this... or collections!!!

Turns out their "return" policy is to simply destroy/deface the offensive bit of "art" and mail them the evidence. Which gives you a hint of how much they value their work

FS: Cheesy plaque featuring white 964/993tt creation. Slight razor damage, otherwise perfect. Incorrect owner's nametag. Free to a good home
Hilarious.

I wonder how they find people.... All I know is they've been at it for at least 15 years, as the first article I ever did ended up on one of their "artistic" renderings. And that they've never called us.

pete
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by kiesan

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439066

www.inthenewsonline.com

Hilarious.

I wonder how they find people.... All I know is they've been at it for at least 15 years, as the first article I ever did ended up on one of their "artistic" renderings. And that they've never called us.

pete
Old 11-27-2008, 12:32 PM
abolfaz
Racer

Received 232 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by LA964RS
I only see Decembers issue?

Quick Reply: LA964RS In this month's Excellence