Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 03:31 AM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Man can't stop looking at it.....damm thats nice
I said the same thing with your green 3.6T

I normally opt for the safer color choices... white, black, red, etc. This car reminds me of how boring and foolish I have been

BTW, I am not 100% convinced that this is a 3.6T. My doubts began with the brakes, which I believe should have been red. However, one could have ordered that in black?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 AM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by parsecnc4

I normally opt for the safer color choices... white, black, red, etc. This car reminds me of how boring and foolish I have been

BTW, I am not 100% convinced that this is a 3.6T. My doubts began with the brakes, which I believe should have been red. However, one could have ordered that in black?
Yes it was an option to have them in black rather than red - the Bad Boys car has this option.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Vifa
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like 17 inch wheels instead of 18?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:50 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say they were 18's, perhaps is because the tyres look under sized for the rim width?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:07 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,961 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Looks lowered, no?

It of course depends on the light but I'm guessing Tahoe too. Horizon is much lighter.

Hey Chris,

The car is looking good. I see you decided to keep the tail now you need to put a matching blue Carrera Stripe down the side. I know it is an SC but the C stands for Carerra anyhow.

Nothing wrong with the basics. In fact black is still the meanest color on most all Porsche's What is not to love about it. But the unique colors are nice too. Nothing like owning a rare car in a rare color.

I have no doubt it is a 3.6T. Definitely stock polished center speedlines, factory 4x4 suspension and as said the blacks were an option. Hard to tell but it looks like it might even be on stock rubber.

Would love to see this car in person. I am sure the pictures don't do it justice.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Wait...oh a couple years...and you will see mine.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cobalt
I have no doubt it is a 3.6T. Definitely stock polished center speedlines, factory 4x4 suspension and as said the blacks were an option. Hard to tell but it looks like it might even be on stock rubber.

Would love to see this car in person. I am sure the pictures don't do it justice.

Based on the license plate alpha-numeric order for California, I would place this car as post '93 so you might be right on being a 3.6T. Damn it is very nice. I wish I can at least make an offer for the car. Seeing how I missed out on Mike's green 965, I promised myself to not make the same mistake twice should a rare color near-mint 3.6T ever comes up again.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:10 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,961 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Based on the license plate alpha-numeric order for California, I would place this car as post '93 so you might be right on being a 3.6T. Damn it is very nice. I wish I can at least make an offer for the car. Seeing how I missed out on Mike's green 965, I promised myself to not make the same mistake twice should a rare color near-mint 3.6T ever comes up again.
The only way to grab one is to be prepared when the right car comes along. It will happen one day. However, i have a funny feeling that this car might be a one owner and when it sells it might be very $$$. I have not seen another since I started looking in 2000.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:36 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

If you have the chance get it, I know what you mean about missed opportunities, it's happned to me a couple of times. Once I saw the green one I didn't hesitate again and got it. I know one of these I'll regret selling it, but that's life and also the new car has exceeded my expectations. I wish the green one would have stayed in states and even more so gone to someone on this forum.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Is this your ex car ? last one on this page :

http://www.964turbo36.co.uk/gdisplay/gallery.html
Old 07-30-2008, 03:25 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993S

Yep that would be the one. Went to a great home, a true enthusist. ....wish I could have kept it, but thats the way it worked out in the end.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Yep that would be the one. Went to a great home, a true enthusist. ....wish I could have kept it, but thats the way it worked out in the end.
Your 993TT is also sick looking. PM me first if you ever get tired of it and wants to move onto something else. I have a 512TR I purchased from a friend ~6 months ago and I am looking to unload to free up some cash for a 3.6T/993TT. I might even do a straight up trade...interested?

Not only did I fail to buy your 965, you also beat me to the 993TT from you know who... I hate you
Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Your 993TT is also sick looking. PM me first if you ever get tired of it and wants to move onto something else. I have a 512TR I purchased from a friend ~6 months ago and I am looking to unload to free up some cash for a 3.6T/993TT. I might even do a straight up trade...interested?

Not only did I fail to buy your 965, you also beat me to the 993TT from you know who... I hate you
I will let you know if something were to ever come up, but for now I'm happy. Besides you know who would probably let me have it, if I were to sell, it was his baby and wasn't easy for him to let go. I guess he figured he would sell it rather than have me bugging him for the rest of his life.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:20 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 993S

Man from the looks of the website Ray has one of his ex-cars in Russia and one in Norway.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes , Rays cars are being snapped up by overseas buyers no doubt due to the
weakness of the dollar and strength of other economies.

Quick Reply: Saw this car.....