964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

3.8 RSR Front Splitter/Spoiler Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 3.8 RSR Front Splitter/Spoiler Group Buy

Well there has always been a lot of interest in getting sets of factory front 3.8 spoilers and the interest seems to have picked up more so recently, so I thought I would bring up the idea of me buying some sets of these for everyone though PMS. I can't remember the exact price that I purchased them last time but if there is interest I will look it up and post it. Keep in mind that this will only be an estimate of the cost particularly as the dollar has collapsed v. the Euro. That said the cost is not as high as everyone is thinking and I am sure that they are still available, but not through PCNA.

A few rules:

1. This is not a profit making venture and I'm not trying to get a 'free' set out of the effort. I will pay what everyone else pays if I decide to order an extra set (I already have one brand new set in my garage). THAT SAID - once we have a price and are ready to order - a) please don't ask to buy a set and then not pay for it once it's here - I will not be collecting $$ in advance as that's too much hassle but I also don't want to get stuck with extra sets, and b) don't buy sets for resale - THAT IS NOT THE PROGRAM HERE!

2. Everyone would split equally (pro rata) the PMS sales tax and shipping charges to my office which would be added in the end to the cost of a set. I will accept payment by Paypal ONLY so each buyer will also be responsible for the Paypal charge whatever that turns out to be on a case by case basis. Finally, everyone will have to pay for their own shipping to their final destination.

Let me know what the interest level is and if it is enough I will pursue getting a current price.

Mark
Old 03-11-2008, 06:58 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested as long as it will not cost me one of my kidneys.

BTW, since you have a set new, can you snap a few photos so I can get a better visual of the parts?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

As I remember they were about $350 a set before tax and shipping - but that was then .... plus I may be able to get a 10% good guy discount because I need to order some Speedline wheel parts from them and those parts are going to be as much if not more than all of the spoiler sets combined.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:41 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are not cheap but I can live with that amount. This hobby was never an affordable one to begin with If buying OE saves me a lot of rework to fit aftermarket, I am all for spending the few extra hundred. Are they fibergalss with glossy finish or are they made of other materials?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Carlos993
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Splitter

Count me in at that price range, unless the new pricing is much, much higher. Can you please check if the splitter consists of the two wings only, or includes part of the undertray - there was some question about this awhile back. On my Turbo S (I will purchase as a spare set), the wings/splitters seem to be a completely separate part from the undertray. TX Carlos
Old 03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be keen. How much do you guess to the UK?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested...Anthony said on another thread that they came as a package with the undertrays???
Old 03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Mark, count me in also pending price. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

The spoilers were original fitment on the 3.8 RSR and the 94' Turbo S models (not on the 3.8 RS). They are two piece ABS plastic consisting of a lip which is pop riveted and glued to the stock undertray (see photos). Being ABS they are easily painted and are not prone to cracking like fiberglass (the lips flex and do not crack when scraped due to the fact that they are ABS and not molded as part of the undertray). The lip plastic is the same as the 993 RS spoilers if you have ever seen those.

I can tell you that the lip portion also fits on the narrow body undertray as I cannibilized a set and attached them to my C2 cab undertrays (see photo).

Shipping to UK is unfortunately expensive. I priced sending some exhaust tips through USPS to London and it was $36!! And FedEx or UPS is more. To be safe I would budget $75 to ship to Europe (which is ironic because that is probably where PMS will have them shipped to me from).

I will not be able to get to this until way into next week anyway so let's see how many takers we have before I check pricing.

Mark

Last edited by Flachbau; 05-15-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Here are some more photos of them on my C2 daily driver. For plenty of photos of them on 94' Turbo S visit the website.

Last edited by Flachbau; 05-15-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 AM
kimo964
Racer

I'm in for a set, thanks.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:58 AM
jimJ
Track Day

i am in for a set...to taiwan...

jimmy
Old 03-12-2008, 10:16 AM
a thompson
Instructor

Thanks Mark, I'm in for a set.
Andy
Old 03-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

$75???, I think I will vouch for most UK Rennlisters and say that we would probably find that rather cheap :-)

Is the black colour that they come as standard ok to fit unpainted to black cars, or would they needed to be painted?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Megatron-UK
$75???, I think I will vouch for most UK Rennlisters and say that we would probably find that rather cheap :-)

Is the black colour that they come as standard ok to fit unpainted to black cars, or would they needed to be painted?
$75 is just a guess I really don't know how much it would actually cost - maybe you are right and it is a lot more - whatever the actual cost to ship is will be the cost ... they can be fitted unpainted to any color car. They are unpainted on my white C2 in the photos.

Quick Reply: 3.8 RSR Front Splitter/Spoiler Group Buy