964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

does this headliner look okay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Gandara
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
No, Vin shows it to be a turbo.Sometimes these cars show up as regular 911's on carfax and other sites. But there is a serious mileage discrepancy. The headliner is not that difficult to fix. More inconvenient than anything. If you can fit in these cars to do the work it is pretty straight forward. I would recommend removing the seats to make the job less tedious.

However, the mileage sounds like something to run from.
Hmm, I'm not bothered at all in doing my own work at all be it engine or interior work. I'm not expecting perfect, 91 would mean 17 years old. That mileage thing does worry me, and I would not pay its advertised price of 45k It was reduced on cars.com to 42.5k and the other black porsche that I saw for 39.9k is back up for 42.5k as well. In his other ad he had put that it was a "8 cylinder" so I guess he corrected it now. I guess all I will do is wait for one to pop up for sale in tx and the southwest. Makes it so much easier for me to take a look at it. Thanks for the help, always appreciated.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:55 AM
jrgatfh
Instructor

I've seen this car in real life its located a few miles from me. I know the original owner and the owner who has it now. The wrinkles i nthe headliner is from a rollbar, it was a heavy track car. I took it for a test drive it felt pretty nice not as clean as my best friends C2 Turbo, but I dont expect it to drive like his since his is in amazing condition. The interior needs ALOT of love. Me personally if I had bought the car I would definitly replace both seats and possibly try to get new door panels and carpets, but I'm very **** and want my C2 to be perfect. It clearly has the signs of a track car: headliner, the rock guards in front of the rear wheels are all chipped up and the front windshield was recently replaced. I was able to see some oil leakage in the engine bay, and for me I would repaint the whole car it has alot of dings and rock chips all over. All in all the car needs ALOT of love but both owners were good guys and true Porsche enthusiasts.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:56 AM
jrgatfh
Instructor

P.S. I never got it checked out by my mechanic, but thats all the work it needed from my point of view
Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 AM
al 965
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrgatfh
I've seen this car in real life its located a few miles from me. I know the original owner and the owner who has it now. The wrinkles i nthe headliner is from a rollbar, it was a heavy track car. I took it for a test drive it felt pretty nice not as clean as my best friends C2 Turbo, but I dont expect it to drive like his since his is in amazing condition. The interior needs ALOT of love. Me personally if I had bought the car I would definitly replace both seats and possibly try to get new door panels and carpets, but I'm very **** and want my C2 to be perfect. It clearly has the signs of a track car: headliner, the rock guards in front of the rear wheels are all chipped up and the front windshield was recently replaced. I was able to see some oil leakage in the engine bay, and for me I would repaint the whole car it has alot of dings and rock chips all over. All in all the car needs ALOT of love but both owners were good guys and true Porsche enthusiasts.
The original owner was in Arizona
Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,206 Likes on 1,316 Posts

Hold out, although there are not many of these cars there is always another one around the corner coming up for sale. At those prices you are better off waiting till a prime example comes along.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by cobalt
Hold out, although there are not many of these cars there is always another one around the corner coming up for sale. At those prices you are better off waiting till a prime example comes along.
I will definately follow your advice. Cobalt, thank you all for the help.

Quick Reply: does this headliner look okay?