964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

fuel enrichment advice...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:00 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,305 Posts

I agree with the others.

Although, we don't know what other mods were made to your car to determine what path to take. Is the rest of the exhaust stock? Are you positive the spring is at 1.1 bar? To be honest the K29 is a bit of a racing dinosaur. All top end boost and slow at spooling up. Great for racing when your at high RPMs 95% of the time, not great for street driving. If your running stock exhaust it must be well into the rpm range before boost comes on and keeping the boost on requires hard driving all the time.

One thought before going down the path your thinking of would be to replace the turbo with a hybrid like the K27 HF's available from IA and Kevin. You would find for street use the car will perform much better and smoother all around. The stock K27 ran out of air above 5k but the HF's will blow strong all the way to redline. You will end up with more usable power everywhere. For the most part the car will run fine without any other mods although headers would be recommended assuming your car is still running the factory manifolds. I would drop down to 1.0 or .95 bar and dyno tune it for WOT. I run my car more to the rich side. better safe than sorry. For the most part a 964 Turbo running headers a HF variant turbo, 1 bar spring and still retaining the cats should see BHP hp numbers at the wheels so 320rwhp or so for the 3.3l and 360rwhp or so for the 3.6L. I would not consider the 7th injector and if needed the fuel head mod should be effective enough that unless you plan on going for big HP (400RWHP and up) there should be no need for an adjustable WUR if you plan on taking that approach.

Just a thought.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:23 AM
jimJ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks anthony,

After all research and suggestions from you guys, i guess i will go with k27hf's and 1.0 bar...
I will installed the Leask WUR and rpm solenoid...and then dyno the car and to correct the setting...

jimmy
Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 AM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

The HFS gurus reckon you should use a 0.8 bar spring, as the actual combined boost will net 1 bar. Ask Stephen at IA or Kevin.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:50 AM
jimJ
Track Day

011 addict,

Thanks for the important info...

jimmy

Quick Reply: fuel enrichment advice...