Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

My car has a broken head stud

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007 | 04:39 PM
69COU
Racer

Question My car has a broken head stud

My car has a broken head stud although still driving fine it has me worried so will be a winter job, but the labour cost is going to be large so i need to plan carefully.

Any suggestions for other obvious work to be done at same time. I am thinking a few of the oil tubes etc. May even do clutch as well if motor is dropped.

Originally Posted by nathanUK '81 930 G50
The headers will get more heat to the turbo & make it spin up quicker. The headers also want to direct air to the turbo rather than to the wastegate so the wastegate needs to open sooner. The Tial can flow more exhaust better than the stock wastegate so it is more accurate.

As for the headstuds I would go with ARP or Raceware whichever is cheaper as both are excellent & superior to stock. If you don't change them all you may have to do them again at some point. You may also want to consider the rod bolts too while you are in there.

Last edited by 69COU; 10-11-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 10-11-2007 | 05:58 PM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

I thougt I had a broken head stud a while ago.
Went through the process of reading everything I could find about this subject.
It can be pretty confusing, spllit the case or not, what types of rods, RSR rocker arm shaft seals or not, re-ring or not etc.

Going to the track early tomorrow, need to get some sleep, send me a PM if your interested and I'll give you a summary of what I found when I get back.

Quick Reply: My car has a broken head stud