Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Introducing myself

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers, thanks for that. I'll try to get under it in the light and get some photos - it doesn't look exactly as in your picture and sure does make a lot of noise. Should there be any other muffler other than the one bypassed by the g-pipe?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:17 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

The large one on the wall is my stock muffler. The shiny piece (that is for sale) is a cat bypass pipe.
Attached Images   
Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Cheers, that makes sense. Shame you're on the other side of the pond cos I'd be interested in the cat-bypass otherwise!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

I also have the highly coveted High Flow S turbo for sale too
Old 03-06-2007, 05:22 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dholling13
I also have the highly coveted High Flow S turbo for sale too
Look like I'm mining a rich vein ! But could you enlighten me with what exactly this is?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:31 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

Here's a link to Stephen Kaspar's website (porschephd). http://www.imagineauto.com/turbos.htm
Old 03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
turbo 3.6
Racer

Originally Posted by dholling13
Does the pipe underneath look lik this?

That appears to have headers as well
Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
soin
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

hi tim , nice to see the ol girl on the rennlist , i could never work out how to do the pics .. must admit there was a big lump in the throat when you pulled off , hope the drive home was enjoyable , not one for hangin around i was straight on pistonheads and within an hour of you leaving was on my way to reigate where i veiwed and put a deposit on a black 05 v6 .. have to wait till sat to pick it up .. from what i know , the car has only the g pipe /cup pipe mod on it ... it s running a standard cat .. however not all cat by passes look as the one pictured i.e obviousley a straight pipe , ive seen a few carographic i think that are identical externally to the standard cat but with a straight through pipe enclosed within , so it might be worth checking out .. i ll be keeping an eye out for your posts so as i can still feel somewhat a part of this superb car enjoy mate
Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome Tim, yes this site is a regular gold mine!
I have the same car and run headers no cats. Under full song there is no finer sound
Attached Images   
Old 03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by soin
hi tim , nice to see the ol girl on the rennlist , i could never work out how to do the pics .. must admit there was a big lump in the throat when you pulled off , hope the drive home was enjoyable , not one for hangin around i was straight on pistonheads and within an hour of you leaving was on my way to reigate where i veiwed and put a deposit on a black 05 v6 .. have to wait till sat to pick it up .. from what i know , the car has only the g pipe /cup pipe mod on it ... it s running a standard cat .. however not all cat by passes look as the one pictured i.e obviousley a straight pipe , ive seen a few carographic i think that are identical externally to the standard cat but with a straight through pipe enclosed within , so it might be worth checking out .. i ll be keeping an eye out for your posts so as i can still feel somewhat a part of this superb car enjoy mate
Cheers Matt, I'm really pleased that you've found a V6 so quickly - don't blame you. I could see you found it hard to part with the turbo and I hope your new baby will make up for it. If it's any consolation I will be treating it with as much love and attention as possible and I'll be posting regularly so you'll be able to see any further mods. I must say it's driving superbly - damned fast and sounds absolutely gorgeous . And it doesn't half turn heads!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:46 PM
soin
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

spot on tim , i know she s in good hands
Old 03-08-2007, 06:34 AM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim,

Your car looks very nice. Funnily enough I had a Clio V6 255 which I sold just before I got my 965 and I was looking to do a swap!

Matt,

Good luck with your V6 - a great car, especially in black, just a little too slow for me I'm afraid! Where did you get the 3.6 replicas and how much did you pay? I'm thinking about putting them on my car.

Cheers,

(another) Tim.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:29 AM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

There are some good deals around the forum on BBS Wheels.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Dodgy
Track Day

Hey Maverick, looks like some fairly uneven tyre wear going on with your car. Is that normal for the 965. Have standard suspension on our 965 (3.3). Went down an uneven country road fairly fast in the weekend as part of a local PC drive and car felt like it was almost bouncing from side to side, was a fairly uncomfortable feeling, certainly needed to work the wheel to keep it on line. As a fairly recent owner of a 911 is this part of the character of the car or is it time for a suspension upgrade? But there again these things mask speed and perhaps was just too fast for the conditions....
Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Dodgy, where did you go? My experience of some Auckland PC runs was white knuckle, as they tend to choose narrow roads with high camber and generally have the faster drivers leading the charge. Add the fact that the newer cars often have computer aides that you don't and you've possibly been pushed outside your comfort zone. I try to relax the steering wheel grip on such runs. That said, if it feels REALLY twitchy try a different road with less camber to see if your suspension is past its best. My favourite is the K gorge on the way to Tauranga...smooth, flat and well spaced bends.

Quick Reply: Introducing myself