1992 3.3 TURBO ENGINE NOW REMOVED

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:28 PM
stu.p
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 3.3 TURBO ENGINE NOW REMOVED

hi
spent last weekend taking engine out on my 3.3 911 turbo 2 after i had found last month it had snapped 2 head bolts,,after a little bit of stripping parts of it and undoing engine mount bolts which were really really tight i must say!!and balancing the engine when lowering out with my dad and a mate it finally was removed..i have now removed the gearbox and i have undone slack 12-off nuts which hold the inlet manifold/injection in place(was trying to remove this all in one piece together as it was running correctly and dont want to disturb),,but i cant seems to get the injection system removed from engine,tried prying it up a bit but looks like no movement and dont want to force!!
do you have to slacken anything else to get this removed or is it just the 12 in total nuts??..
try to post a couple pictures for the first time,,,will be able now to replace that rotten tinware above the turbo now etc now it is removed!..
i plan to rebuild the top end with arp head bolts etc and inspect the bottom while in there,,,anybody know the best place to buy a top end rebuild kit for my car that will include all the correct parts i will need?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
nutter965
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Engine strip down

Don't force it ! it should lift off fairly easily, there are more bolts i just can't picture where, let me have a look at mine tomorrow and i'll see if i can point you in the right direction, i think there is a couple of nuts around the centre of the complete unit i removed mine in one piece, here are some pice of mine during strip down, its on its way back up now.
Attached Images   
Old 01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by stu.p
anybody know the best place to buy a top end rebuild kit for my car that will include all the correct parts i will need?
Porsche's topend rebuild kit for the M30.69 is part no #930-100-908-03 and the crankcase kit is part no #930-100-901-04.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Miles965uk
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stu you can try pelican parts in the US or in the UK try porscheshop.co.uk or design911.co.uk, I bought mine from pelican and it was still cheaper after tax etc esp with the dollar at the moment.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:41 AM
stu.p
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just bought all my rebuilding parts from ebs racing yesterday and at fairly good prices aswell,,,arp head bolt kit $495,,arp rod bolts $225,,top end rebuild kit which includes all gaskets,valve guides,piston rings,new timing chains and chain guides etc $675,
these to me seem really good prices especially as for me over in the uk the exchange rate is really good just now!...approx $2 to £1
oops!! better not speak too soon not even got parts yet but customer service and price seem really good and delivery within 1 week!..will let you's know!!!

Quick Reply: 1992 3.3 TURBO ENGINE NOW REMOVED