Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Just wanted to say Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006 | 08:55 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Default Just wanted to say Thanks

Thank you to all who helped me with my sway bar/s decision/purchase.. Dan Jacobs@ hairydoggrrrrage, Austin @ TRG, The folks @ Rennsport Systems, Nick @ AJ Usa, Geofferey @ Racetekengineering and last but not least my installer Lenny @ European Autoworks in West New York, NJ...

Rey

p.s. Special thanks to Rennlist dot com

Last edited by speednme; 11-22-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-23-2006 | 05:31 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Agree, it's a fantastic forum with lots of helpful people.
Using this forum I have solved each and every problem I had with my car the last 5 years!

Rey, I have been looking for this.
What did you decide to buy (brand, dimension etc.)?
Old 11-23-2006 | 11:13 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Staffan I went with the rear 3 way adjustable from AJ USA and the front 5 way adjustable from TRG with the RS links. I believe adjustable front links were available from Kelley Moss Racing but I chose to use the RS links instead. I know some feel this set up is not the proper set up ( while others say that this is the only set up..aside from a custom set up ) for the 964 turbo. In the end I went for it anyway and may I say wow I love the new handling. Hope this helps..

Rey

Last edited by speednme; 11-24-2006 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-24-2006 | 10:33 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speednme
Staffan I went with the rear 3 way adjustable from AJ USA and the front 5 way adjustable from TRG with the RS links. I believe adjustable front links were available from Kelley Moss Racing but I chose to use the RS links instead. I know some feel this set up is not the proper set up ( while others say that this is the only set up..aside from a custom set up ) for the 964 turbo. In the end I went for it anyway and may I say wow I love the new handling. Hope this helps..

Rey

Rey,

Wow that was fast. I didn't think you were in a rush but I guess you were. Sorry I was of little help.

Did you use the rear factory drop links? Do you mind posting the specific info for what you bought. I am a bit too busy to do anything now but am thinking of doing the same in the future.
Old 11-24-2006 | 12:21 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Don't mind if I do. The rear bar is the AJ USA rear bar( 21mm) kit. It is supplied with the links. Unfortunately AJ USA no longer sells this kit because because it's missing a couple of parts.. I spoke with Nick at AJ USA and he explain the parts( very minor parts ) that were missing..I decided to purchase it anyway..Well to my amazement it took about 30 min in Lowes Home Improvement center to find an equivalent part.. I believe not many kits are left. So for those who want to purchase the kit feel free to pm me as i saved the part# of the item you will need to complete the kit.

Anthony the rear bar might be equal to the Porsche motorsport bar you have on your car now( I think ). The front bar is 25mm 5 way adjutable using RS links. My impatience got the best of me ( and I'm glad it did ).

p.s. Anthony I finally recieved my steering wheel.. size is 320mm..niiice leg room..
Old 11-27-2006 | 01:06 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speednme
Don't mind if I do. The rear bar is the AJ USA rear bar( 21mm) kit. It is supplied with the links. Unfortunately AJ USA no longer sells this kit because because it's missing a couple of parts.. I spoke with Nick at AJ USA and he explain the parts( very minor parts ) that were missing..I decided to purchase it anyway..Well to my amazement it took about 30 min in Lowes Home Improvement center to find an equivalent part.. I believe not many kits are left. So for those who want to purchase the kit feel free to pm me as i saved the part# of the item you will need to complete the kit.

Anthony the rear bar might be equal to the Porsche motorsport bar you have on your car now( I think ). The front bar is 25mm 5 way adjutable using RS links. My impatience got the best of me ( and I'm glad it did ).

p.s. Anthony I finally recieved my steering wheel.. size is 320mm..niiice leg room..

Thanks,

320mm huh. Got pics?

Quick Reply: Just wanted to say Thanks