Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Scart Exhaust Mods- Anyone know them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:46 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You do describe it as though its worth having!
Old 05-18-2006, 05:53 AM
zarpoxx
Advanced

Thank you 911addict!

JBL, I will try to listen the waste gate (when opens) when I will be in a tunnel!

I will tell you if I could be able to realize the F1 sound!

Bye!

P.D: next adventure... all the mods in my x33 (1 bar spring, no cat, K&N, koni + eibach,strut brace + pedals from rennteam, Replica speedline wheels + bridgestone S-02, fabspeed tails and my commented scart exhausts..) I will tell you the difference! (I hope positive)
Old 07-11-2006, 01:00 PM
zarpoxx
Advanced

Hello!!

I know it is a old item, but I remember thanks to a 911addict this post, so now I can tell you how it sound with a cat bypass (I remember you my exhaust mods: catbypass from GHL, Swans neck from Scart exhaust, tips from fabspeed, and waste gate bypass from Scart).

DO NOT BUY A CATBYPASS with a scart exhaust (or sell the swans neck). It´s makes a inosportable sound. I Did This a moth ago...(45 days ago aprox to be exact), and the sound it is only for track days. At idle sounds like a boat (yes, you read good. A friend of mine says me when listened for first time: "Oh....sounds like my father´s boat ).

When you push the gas...well, its not bad, but it is too loud.

But the REAL PROBLEM is when you lift off the gass... BING, BANG BLOP, BING, BANGGG, BING, BANG... Just ilegal here in spain (when I see the police I never lift off the gas, simply I put no gear (dead point) or push the cluch and cross my fingers...). Its BRUTAL. I cant drive my car at night because all my neigborhood will hate me. Seriusly, It is only for track use.

I not talking about small burble sound or something like that.

Note that I have installed a catbypass from GHL and SCART exhaust (swans neck and bypass waste gate). Imagine how sound its makes that I cant be able to hear when the waste gate opens...

In the other side: the CATbypass. IT IS A MUST. Its incredible how change the power curve!! Now I am on boost at aprox 2.500 rpm. The better money that I wasted.

I hope my experience could help you.

Bye!

P.D: Sorry 911addict to copy my p.m, but for me it is very laborius write in english...
Old 07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Zarpoxx,

Sorry, just to clarify:

So you have the cat bypass (GHL) and swans neck (Scart) together and it is too loud, yes?

And you cannot hear the WASTEGATE bypass (because the other side is just too loud)?

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:37 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Trackdays here in UK have noise limits so even then maybe both mods is a no no.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:41 AM
zarpoxx
Advanced

911addict,

Yes, I have catbypass (GHL) and swans neck (Scart) together and It is too loud. And yes, I cannot hear the waste gate (when it opens) because it is impossible to difference anything with this noise (I dont know when the waste gate opens).

The next thing that I will do is sell my swans neck and fix again the oem final muffler. I know that the sound will do not be as good like I want, but better this than the actual sound.

But, I repeat: the catbypass It is a MUST. It is incredible the change.

Bye!!

P.D: I run at 1 bar.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:21 AM
69COU
Racer

Having decided not to sell my car I contacted Scart ( Based in France) and ordered a Wategate Pipe. They are out of stock at the moment and will not have anything until after the summer holidays
Old 07-20-2006, 10:31 AM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

The French!
Probably just as bad with the great British workman.
Wouldn't happen in Germany I suppose? ... or in the States.... ;-)
Old 07-20-2006, 01:30 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Probably on strike
Old 08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Scart update:

Got my car back today with the Scart 100 cell cat, lovely looking, well made.
have only just driven home so can't comment on sound or performance just yet. Initial impressions in traffic is it sounds like standard but just a little more rumble at idle and pops at lift off. The response feels smoother. I'm looking forward to giving it a good run over the weekend (including a run down to the Goodwood breakfast meet on Sunday). Will report back soon.

69COU (Miles?), did you get get your wastegate bypass, very interested to hear how you like it.

Zarpoxx, have you gone back to the standard silencer? How is your car now?
Old 08-06-2006, 09:51 AM
zarpoxx
Advanced

Hello 911addict and rennlist friends!!

Yes, last monday I changed back to standard silencer, and...I think It is too soft sound (but better than the storm it was )

The response is more or less the same (I cant note any change). Same throtle response, same power, same acceleration. Only less noise.

I dream every night with my ex-964 C4 sound...howw, it was perfect!! (cup pipe+standard final silencer). I will try looking for this sound...

Every of you have a good summer!!!

Bye!!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:13 AM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Just got back from a long run (around 100 miles) with the new Cat.

The difference in sound: idle is deeper, and lift off has lots of pops and burble much more often than before, slightly louder than it was as standard but not too loud. When I accelerate if I am in a tunnel or with a wall to the side, then it sounds lovely. A sort of growl rising with the revs. But with the windows up and on motorway it is silent.

(In fact on the way there today, a 996 GT3 went past me so I pulled behind him and accelerated to follow him, not looking at my rev counter just listening and feeling the engine. Anyway, all of a sudden my car began to stutter and I thought the mechanics had done something wrong on Friday, then I looked at my speedo which was rather high (!) and my revs were at 7000! Shows how smooth and quiet it is!!)

The performance feels slightly smoother throughout the rev range, although I was very happy with the way my car was running before anyway. The Big difference is it feels A LOT more responsive and smooth at low revs, feels very much like my old NA 3.2!

I want to get used to it for longer, but my gut reaction is that I could do with it a bit louder at high revs. I suspect that the Scart Cat is quieter than Zarpoxx's GHL so if I add the Scart Swan's Neck it may be very interesting. Although I'd be concerned it might be too much on the lift off.

My other idea is to keep it as it is and add the wastegate bypass pipe so it only sounds when on boost, but I need to hear one first.... Can anyone do a sound/video recording?

Last edited by 911addict; 08-07-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:31 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Here is a video/ soundfile of my new exhaust:
http://media.putfile.com/TurboScart2

It needs a few minutes to load.

Last edited by 911addict; 08-06-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:36 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Old 08-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Mark, that sounds great! First mod when I get the car has got to be a cat bypass!

Quick Reply: Scart Exhaust Mods- Anyone know them?