964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Electronic Boost Controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 AM
lwilkins
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Boost Controller

I'm considering installing an EBC on my street 965 and would like info/opinions from those who have done this. I have the stock headers and heat exchangers, and plan to keep them.

Does it fit directly in place of the wastegate? If so, is it the same length, so the exhaust tips stay in the same location?

What is involved in installation and finding out if it works properly? Is it reliable? Is it more accurate than the stock wastegate with spring?

Any consensus on brand/model? Other info?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Hi
The EBC is a complement to the WG not a replacement.
It sits (pressure wise) between the WG and IC.
You install it so that the EBC have control of the pressure below and above the WG diaphrame.
I installed a Blitz dual selenoid that I bought on Ebay for 200 usd.

Works perfectly, there are other alternatives such as HKS, but there is no need for any fuzzy logic.
The installation is pretty straight forward it's of course important to know what pressure you are running so if your EBC doesn't have a built in boos gauge you need to ge one since the stock boost gauge doens't go above 0.7 bar.

The advantage is that you can run higher boost and that the turbo will spool a little bit faster since the WG doesn't open until you reach the dialed in boost level.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:46 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I have installed a number of the Greddy Profec B spec IIs on 965T/993TT. Easy to install and adjust. They work great. It also does have a boost gauge built in.

Quick Reply: Electronic Boost Controller