Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

EFI Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 AM
marcvip
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am more interested in uncovering the technical outcomes of the IA EFI conversions with respect to other tuners. Hearing feedback from others is great but with more details on the actual EFI parts used, dyno's, a/f ratios, intake and intercooler choices etc.....The custom IA intake and fuel rails from another post seems too restrictive for high horsepower applications..
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The most I have made with the kit is what is posted Marc. Have I made more...LOL, hell yes but that is not what the kit is for. The kit is designed to be a bolt on for the 3.3 intake. If we need to make more that intake and setup is the first to go. I then design it based on the need of the customer. Your question was whether or not there have been successful kits in the market by me. I posted the sheets and pictures per your request. AFRs are also on one of the charts. You can see that I like a low 12 back end and at cruise look for as close to 14 as possible. Both Chet and Scott recorded significant fuel economy increase after the conversion. Scott used two less tank full’s back to Chicago and Chet claims 30+MPG. (I would show Chet the thread but he is in the hospital with Valley fever and is currently not been conscious for 8 days. Say a prayer for him!)

As far as to what exactly I am using in the kit, no offense but I am not going to sit here and run down every part number of every sensor and every part I am using. I am making and or using parts that make it a bolt and go application. That is difficult on many levels because of the years the 911 turbo used the 3.3. Not all the fueling systems are the same, not all of the hall sensor pick ups are the same so that is all a variable based on the year. What I did in Chets 76 is different sensor and application wise then is Phil’s 94.

I built my own harness and weld my own intercoolers unless the customer has a good unit that I can modify.

I have been tuning EFI kits since the 90s. The “kit” is new but EFI is not. Ask Geoffrey who he called when he first started out on his EFI quest. Bottom line is if your MO is to search out for Turbo Kraft the competitor have fun. I do what I do and don’t really care what others are doing. If I can put out a good product, deliver the results requested then I have done my job. Since MANY people have posted their satisfaction with my EFI conversion I can only assume your MO is based on that. That too is ok I appreciate the diligence and know what it is like to support the home team. I do not however go around bashing other peoples product for self gain. It is called integrity. I believe in what I do and what my company does. If someone does not there are alternatives like Kris.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 AM
slivan
Instructor

Stephen,
I don't think Marcs nonsence is dignified with a response, your time and expertise are best reserved for those who really appreciate it (pretty much everyone here!) so save your breath! Truth be told, you're probably better for not serving this clown as you would one of your much valued customers, save yourself the headache. Diablos revisited perhaps?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:03 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by marcvip
...Below is a negative comment from another customer...
Well - if you have a customer - then you are a business. I'm guessing a "competitor" who just wants to cast stones at a "competitor"?

Troll another forum. That Forum would not be "this" Forum.

Have a nice evening - and I "edited" your post.

John D.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:29 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

Wow, I have been away from Rennlist for a week or so, and I can't believe this thread turned in this direction. I am so glad to see so many other owners and enthusiasts jump to support IA. The good Doctor hopped on a plane, at a cost over $1,000, in about 12 hours when my original build had a problem after returning home. The repair took 30 seconds, and he was on his way again. I can't say that I am super pleased with some of the delays on my conversion, but I own some of those delays myself as I stated earlier. There is a reason my cars have made the trip to KC 4 times over the years, and its not due to a dyno sheet. I know my 3.6 will come back as promised and will run strong, and for years to come. Numbers are cool, but not the ultimate test of how a car performs. I kind of feel like guys wrapped up in dyno sheets are trying to compensate for short-comings in other areas The instigator on this thread has an NO2 bottle hooked up to a C2T, so go figure. Typical South Florida BS!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

I knew he was full of something looks like it's NO2...
Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bogey1
. Typical South Florida BS!
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

A.Wayne: there are certainly many exceptions, but if you live there (southeast), you know what I mean!! I did a three year stint, and there was no way to bring up two kids in that place that I could see.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:56 PM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

On a lighter note check this out for clever tuning

http://www.pistonheads.tv/video.asp?id=1085

You have to give it a minute

Last edited by JBL930; 04-19-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:21 AM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that is very clever!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:08 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bogey1
A.Wayne: there are certainly many exceptions, but if you live there (southeast), you know what I mean!! I did a three year stint, and there was no way to bring up two kids in that place that I could see.
No sweat , i do understand where you are coming from ....
Old 04-25-2007, 01:10 AM
cardsrule
Pro

HYK123,

Trust me, EFI is worth the wait.

Scott

Quick Reply: EFI Conversion