Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Look what I found - Flachbau and '94 Turbo S for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006 | 01:13 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VinnyC
WOW! That color White is incredible! Absolutely beautiful!!
Is this the "Pearlessence" white as featured in Adler's book Porsche 911 Road Cars, Pg. 64?
Described as "a silver-white metallic that turned heads a half-mile away."
yes ... similar to the color on a cadillac escalade
Old 02-02-2006 | 01:04 PM
maineman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Flachbau
yes ... similar to the color on a cadillac escalade
It always amazed me that Porsche charged $12k plus for this color, but Cadillac and Lexus offered it as a standard color. I believe the Porsche showed the Gruppe B car in 1983(?) in this color in Frankfurt(?).
Old 02-02-2006 | 01:48 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by maineman
It always amazed me that Porsche charged $12k plus for this color, but Cadillac and Lexus offered it as a standard color. I believe the Porsche showed the Gruppe B car in 1983(?) in this color in Frankfurt(?).
You have to understand that at the time the material in that color was banned in Germany. Porsche had to jump through hoops to get approval for a few cars to be painted in this color. If you have the article about this car in '94 Execelence magazine, you will understand.
Old 02-03-2006 | 02:57 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

My wife's Audi is done in Pearl White Pearlescent. It took 6 months to get (they wait until they have enough cars ordered to run through the paint line-because it's a different process they have to stop all other colors), and they charged $2,000 extra. And I had to get Audi USA Eastern Region approval to even order it.
Old 02-06-2006 | 03:35 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

For what it is worth, I think character is asssailed far too often on these bulletin boards. I do not know Richard Sloan, but I do know Paul at PAR (Porsche Auto Rebuilders) and his former partner Rocky. I bought and sold parts and cars through them when I lived in NYC. In most business transactions not everyone on both sides of the deal will be pleased 100 percent of the time. We have to educate ourselves about true villains who scam and steal to make a living, but to call out someone who got the benefit of the bargain because of buyer/seller's remorse is simply poor conduct, I wonder what the ethicist would have to say about that. As a footnote it is hard to sometimes coordinate consignment cars, I have sold a few that way and hated leaving my car in a showroom so it was shown by appointment only, difficult for the consignee but most buyers appreciate not having the intended purchased trafficed by tire kickers.
No Intention of starting anything here I just saying...
Old 02-08-2006 | 11:56 AM
Sport Auto
Track Day

Have you guys seen the 94 911 Turbo Flachbau conversion for sale in the classifieds section?
Old 02-08-2006 | 12:03 PM
Trader220
Race Car

That ones been for sale all over for more then a year, its been well discussed in this forum too. I believe its had 7 to 10 runs on eBay in the last 14 months or so.
Old 02-08-2006 | 12:14 PM
Sport Auto
Track Day

Any idea what the problem is with the car or why it hasn't sold?
Old 02-08-2006 | 12:51 PM
Trader220
Race Car

This is just my opinion on this car, there could be any number of reasons why it’s not sold yet including price. There are a lot of mix and match pieces on this car that …1) may not appeal to a broad range of buyers, they need a buyer that wants specifically that set up. 2) How well is the car engineered? All those parts, albeit Porsche and 964 bits and pieces, are all over the 964 model range, how well do they all work together and how well was it made? And finally 3) What’s the history of the car? Someone may have mentioned it was a wreck at one point, I don’t recall whether it was true or whether it was a serious one.

The car’s been for sale for a VERY long time on many different websites. It was just listed on Pelican too. IMHO it’s a very interesting car and certainly unique. If it were me I’d prefer a stock 3.6 turbo which can be had at a lower price and then use the cash difference to make my own mods.

Just my .02 cents

Quick Reply: Look what I found - Flachbau and '94 Turbo S for sale