Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 10:46 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 2
Is the Mobil 75W/90 LS oil different to the Devlac
I changed my oil a few years ago, not done many miles, but as soon as I changed it, I had serious clunking when reversing around corners, I think I used Mobil 1 75/90 Syn is this different to the LS
How many litres is needed
Delvac is the "family" name for Mobil's heavy-duty line: on-highway trucks, off-highway, mining, etc. They are marketed to be used in more rugged application such as longer change intervals, constant elevated temperature, etc.

You should find Mobil Synthetic 75W/90 LS adequate for your car. I use it in a few of my cars with adequate results.
But in my most recent 965 fill I went with Swepco plus my own LSD additive. I have not been able to test my secret sauce yet as I have 2' of snow and my engine does not start...

Last edited by Igooz; 02-15-2023 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:55 AM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

A few years ago when I did a gearbox oil drain and fill I could not get hold of the Mobil LS product within the EU, so I used an equivalent lsd-compatible gear oil which resulted in the clanking under reverse as mentioned above.

I substantially reduced the clanking by adding Redline friction modifier to the oil - just a little bit until it reduced to a 'normal' level. Plate diffs usually have the same behaviour in most cars, not just the 964.

Quick Reply: Swepco 201 Transmission Fluid ok for LSD