Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kfitzpat9
Man, I REALLY want to like that interior, but I just can't. I've tried looking at it at different times of the day hoping it would somehow draw me in, but it is just wrong. If Porsche allowed this interior, then they need to rethink the whole "match to customer sample" thing.

My color-blind 3 year old daughter even remarked "ewwwww" when she passed by my computer screen at 1:22 p.m. today.

The best photos are the ones of the engine bay............no reddish pink fucia whatsoever going on there.

Also, are those tires OEM? I cant tell as my eyes are still blinded by the interior, but the treads look Sam's clubbish.

Kevin

3.6 turbo (ALL black interior)

First of all this is a 100% Porsche Exclusiv interior. I have seen the identical interior (except for the seat shape) on a GT-1/96 and a 993 Turbo S. In fact I seen a 993 brochure which shows all the elements of this particular interior as special options including the panelling.
I have seen the same interior in other colour combinations as well. Try red and yellow or blue and green.
Porsche Exclusiv do the interior to customer request. It has nothing to do with what they allow. If you want a full pink **** pile interior that is what you get. If you want Leopard skin (fake of course) this is what you get.
I have even seen a 964 Cabriolet with an interior that if you take a step back is actually a Chequered flag laid out over the whole inside.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adrian,

Any chance of you starting another thread posting some pics of the more "out there" interiors like the chequered flag for example.

Cheers
Old 10-03-2005, 03:52 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Excellent suggestion!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:58 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ 9elven
Adrian,

Any chance of you starting another thread posting some pics of the more "out there" interiors like the chequered flag for example.

Cheers
I am afraid that is not possible just yet.
Most of the images I have are copyrighted and cannot be posted to web sites. They were provided for my books and/or for reference like the stuff PAG supplied.
When I get time I will dig through my own photo collection.
Unfortunately this stuff has been gathered up over the last 20 years and I did not always have a decent camera with me so some stuff is pretty crappy.
My main problem though is time. I have a Nov 30th deadline on my fourth book and I simply cannot spend time looking and scanning at the moment unless it involves the GT40 or Ford GT.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:35 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,302 Posts

This car is on its second go around on Ebay and still no takers.

What confuses me about the interior is someone spent a lot of extra $$ on Carbon fiber and custom exclusive interior and yet they never opted for the full leather interior. I would think full leather would have been on the list also with all the $$ spent on extras.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:49 AM
ThunderC4S
Racer

Seriously what would this car really be worth price wise ?

ThunderC4S
Old 10-15-2005, 01:07 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Your guess is as good as mine.

In the US these are relatively scarce with less than 350 cars still around. There seems to be a lot of interest in the 3.6T, in particular by 2 segments. Those that are looking for a powerful rear wheel single turbo that can be used for fun and track and those that are looking to collect the last of the single turbo cars, sporting the shape of the original 911.

I have been offered good money for my car mostly because of the color, which always grabs attention. So I would say I am biased at what these car should sell for. I think for a true collector, if the interior has documentation that it is factory original and the car doesn't have issues because of lack of use it should bring high $70K US. I think if it was all black interior it might bring a bit more.

I question the originality of the interior although I may be wrong and the carbon fiber had to be added because as far as I know it wasn't a factory option until the 993's came out. I have the same CF and it was added by the original owner in late 95 at a considerable cost.

In all I would be very concerned about the low mileage. I would need to see the records and have the car checked out thoroughly. If it is driven it may cost a bit to make it street worthy and if too many miles are accumulated it would loose its value.

I am very interested myself to see what it finally sells for.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:55 PM
9-kevin-11
Instructor

What's it worth? What somebody is willing to pay... (yes, that's the simple answer). PCA has a valuation service for some of the older cars - but they won't set values on low production cars because it can vary so much. The Turbo 3.6 is the same way - a nice one may sell in one part of the country for $50,000 one day, and the next day, one in similar condition may sell for $70,000 in another part of the country. Like Anthony said, the 94 Turbo 3.6 is rare, and unique (last of the turbos in the classic body, last single turbo, last 2 wheel drive turbo, bigger brakes than any previous turbo, etc.). I've heard of another very low mileage car that sold in Illinois a few years ago - and its price was in the high 80's... Even if the interior is original in this car, it seems to scare off most people (since it didn't sell the first time through), so it may be "worth" less than another very low mileage 3.6 with a standard interior. On the other hand, if you like the interior, this car may be a "steal", since you may be able to get it for less than a typical car with very low mileage. Just my $.02
Old 10-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody know how much it is to ship a car from Long Island to the UK and anybody they could recommend? I am very tempted but would look to change the interior to all black (i could live with the piping and the seat belts but not the gear gaitor, hand brake, door cards, steering wheel and lower dash.

I am serious so any thoughts on cost of the shipping and the replacement parts cost would be appreciated
Old 10-15-2005, 07:48 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Maybe try a google search for an international container company willing to ship the car to the UK or contact the dealer (866) 261-7543 ( ask for Eric ) he might be able to help you with the shipping information.

Btw I'm not associated in any way with the dealer , as I said before i was offered this car a couple of months ago. I also met with Eric about 7 months ago and he seemed like a nice guy

Good luck
Old 10-18-2005, 08:39 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I think this may have been one of RPM's cars. I have seen one done just like this at RPM in Houston. The steering wheel is the AJ USA 911 GT Sport Steering Wheel. Ray had a Guards Red and Balck 3.3 done this way. The red leather is actualy close to Guards Red and looks better in person. He currently has a Midnight Blue/ Cashmere 22k and a Black/Black 11k and also White /Cahmere all stock.

Quick Reply: 94 3.6t with 4k miles