Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Ipod Nano input to Blaupunkt - How?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 06:37 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts
Default Ipod Nano input to Blaupunkt - How?

Sorry X & Y Generation, but the IPod Nano is no longer cool, because this 40 something Babyboomer has bought one.

The question now is how I connect it to the Blaupunkt Calagary in my car.

I think the Previous Owner had a CD contoller in the car, which accounts for the plug in the second photo. Can I connect through that?

Greatful for any help, even if it does come from a youngster.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:54 PM
VinnyC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you can plug anything other than the CD changer for that player into that plug.
I'm not positive about the Nano since it's brand new, but I have the "iTrip" for my IPod which allows me to lisiten to it from an unused FM station like 88.9 for example. It's simple and requires NO mods or installation. As easy as tunning your radio - and it sounds pretty good.
Unless you have RCA inputs or an aux input like a mini-1/4" jack (headphone Jack) on your deck, you'll have a tough time connecting anything.

I'm sure that a similar device will be available for the Nano very soon.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:11 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I Pod

Hi John.
Go i nto the menu and press some buttons until you find a section that reads "aux". If it has that, which I am sure the Calgary has, let me know.
I might have the correct plug at work that will fit. It will have 2 RCA plugs on one end, the other end will slip into the back of the head unit. Then you can use a standard 3.5mm plug to 2 RCA's and you are away. There will be an easy way to make it work.
Cheers
Old 10-02-2005, 12:14 AM
porshah
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Nano has the same connector as the Mini, and Gen 3 and 4 iPods That said, you would have to have the proper adapter for your HU to get full functionality of the iPod from your HU. Such as the ability to control the unit, while keeping it concealed. The other option is what VinnyC mentioned, using RCA inputs. The FM option may cause a lot of interference if you live in an area with bad reception and tall buildings (ie, New York City).
Old 10-02-2005, 01:56 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Graham

I rummaged through my papers and found the manual. It says that I can connect an external audio source with the Blaupunkt adapter cable no: 7 607 897 093 and select AUX output in the menu. Is that the cable you have? If so can I buy one from you, or can you direct me to a source locally?

Cheers
John
Old 10-20-2005, 04:23 PM
mjc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The nano is a relatively new device and aftermarket manufacturers will eventually have their accessories and adapters out for it soon.

Much like how VinnyC connects his via an FM transmitter, I connect my iPod using a similar device from Monster (Monster iCarPlay). I plug one end into the cigar lighter and the other end into the iPod and my ipod charges and plays music at the same time. Plus its portable from car to car.

Apple has a link of after market accessories for connecting yor iPod to your car;
http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/ipodyo...cessories.html

I just checked he Monstercable.com website and they advertise something for the nano.

Hope this helps,
Marty
Old 10-20-2005, 04:57 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can easily tap into the Aux in with an RCA to Mini Jack cable however you will not be able to control the IPOD from the head unit

Quick Reply: Ipod Nano input to Blaupunkt - How?