964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

964 Turbo S flatnose sold $93K USD

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005 | 01:20 AM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flachbau
Heh Les! Mike never mentioned anything to me about there being something wrong about the car, but that doesn't meant that there weren't issues he didn't want to reveal (to me anyway). Let me know the next time you're in Scottsdale as I'm due to visit some friends in the area one day soon and it would be great to hook up with you down there.
Hey Mark, should be out in Scottsdale right after labor day for a while. I'll let you know exact dates via pm when they're set.
Old 08-07-2005 | 12:52 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by labcars
Hey Mark, should be out in Scottsdale right after labor day for a while. I'll let you know exact dates via pm when they're set.
Ok.
Old 08-14-2005 | 08:06 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Mitch,

I have not seen Bob in years since I was puttering around in the Viper series. And I am confused does Bob have an interest in a Porsche franchise now?

In regard to issues with the car I looked at the car at Mikes house over a year ago and the car was OK it just needed a tune up and some minor attention. It also had a bulge in the front bumper under the washer nozzle that concerned me at the time . I wanted to buy the car but at the time Mike refused to budge on the price. I offered him in the low 80s over a year before he finally sold it. I wish I had followed up and bought the car in hindsight.

Since then the Flachbau market has firmed up quite a bit and I suspect it will continue upward. My Flachbau I am told is going to be featured in an upcoming Porsche 911 coffee table book written by Randy Leffingwell and David Newhardt. It's my understanding the book is going to discuss at length the Flachbau and may provide quite a bit of exsposure and information about the car. Randy and David came out to Vegas last November and photographed it and my 97 turbo S as well as my 04 GT2. The book can be pre-ordered now and I think the name is 911 perfection personified or something like that?
Old 08-14-2005 | 09:33 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Mr. Quam,

Red Flachabaus are the bomb!

Jim
Old 08-14-2005 | 11:13 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Unfortunatley for me I sold my red flachbau and still have my black one. Nice to hear from you again!
Old 08-15-2005 | 01:07 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Les Quam
My Flachbau I am told is going to be featured in an upcoming Porsche 911 coffee table book written by Randy Leffingwell and David Newhardt. It's my understanding the book is going to discuss at length the Flachbau and may provide quite a bit of exsposure and information about the car.
Excellent!! Please let us know when it's published. Also, I will be updating the flachbau website soon with new info etc.

and .... I know that Richard Beasley's right hand drive car will be featured in the Sept. issue of Total911.
Old 08-15-2005 | 07:14 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Once you go black!
Old 08-16-2005 | 08:19 PM
Les Quam
Pro

The new 911 coffee table book can be ordered from www.Motorbooks.com and is entitled " Porsche 911 perfection by design" by Randy Leffingwell photos by randy and dave Newhardt. Due out this fall.
Old 08-16-2005 | 09:47 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Les Quam
The new 911 coffee table book can be ordered from www.Motorbooks.com and is entitled " Porsche 911 perfection by design" by Randy Leffingwell photos by randy and dave Newhardt. Due out this fall.
Cool ... one new edition sold!

Quick Reply: 964 Turbo S flatnose sold $93K USD