Miles965uk
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

15-50 M1 but i might try royal purple
Old 06-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Diverwes
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Castrol SYNTEC 20-50 and some oil drips i had are gone. less leaks.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:13 AM
marcvip
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Royal Purple Racing 51 (20w50)
Old 06-29-2005, 12:31 AM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

15-50
Phil_ Turbo awesome Amethyst Turbo you have! I used to have a Cab that color still love it!
Old 06-29-2005, 06:09 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 595 Likes on 354 Posts

Mobil 1 5W 50 [the only weight that seems to be on sale in New Zealand]
Old 07-03-2005, 12:42 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Yasir maybe in Chicago in the winter, or Anchorage Alaska... I'd make the switch to a 15 or 20W The weight you are using is to thin..
Kevin,
Returned 50 qts of 0 W 40 today and will be switching over to 15 W 50 with my next oil change,thanks for your feed back Btw what's the difference between the reg and the extended release Mobil 1 15 W 50 ?
Later
Old 07-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Guys check this out. Apparently this additive is abt the best in the market. I got 8 strips of broquet in tank in my car. Trust me you will feel a difference. Expensive but worth it. It atmoizes the fuel and gives you the same effect as running a higher octane and lasts 250,000 miles. A few of my friends in Singapore put it into their Evos and Wrx and had their cars retuned to run slightly higher boost safely with the Broquet in it. It's like have 1-2 point higher. Check out their webpage. I would'nt trust any other additive other than this and I dont have anything to do with this company. Just that their stuff really works and wanted to share it with you guys.

http://www.broquet.co.uk/
Old 07-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Broquet:

What exactly is Broquet? The catalyst itself is a tin alloy compound manufactured as a number of "pellets" (each about 22 mm in diameter). The catalyst is only effective in the presence of mild steel and the pellets are either wrapped in a mesh for insertion directly into a fuel tank or contained in a steel cartridge which is fitted directly into an engine fuel line. It is generally more cost-effective to purchase the "in-tank" version for cars and smaller engines.

What does it do? The catalyst institutes a change to the fuel itself, petrol or diesel, which leads to a much more efficient combustion process. It is this improved combustion that provides the key to many of the benefits of the catalyst. As a catalyst, in a chemical sense, it does not itself measurably change but enhances other chemical processes. In fact the use of tin, as a catalytic reagent, is well documented.

How does it work? Scientists do not fully understand the exact catalytic mechanism that takes place (this is not as surprising as it may seem as there are many catalytic processes that are not fully understood). Accepting however that such a mechanism does take place and quoting from a scientific source the most likely effect of Broquet is as follows:- "Basically, the product of the reaction (as a catalyst for chemical reactions) is a molecular species which has more favourable combustion characteristics than its precursors. The molecular structure has probably been altered in such a way as to permit the sequential oxidative reaction steps, which comprise combustion reactions, to proceed in a more smooth and rapid manner. This, in turn leads to more complete oxidation of the fuel. Hence, better mpg values, and lower emissions in exhaust gases. The fact that the chemical oxidation process has been made more smooth and complete means the chemical potential energy available in the fuel is better utilised. If the combustion (or "explosion"; as the process is a very rapid one) occurs more smoothly/evenly, the efficiency of the energy transfer to the piston will be increased. This will lead to smoother engine running. Another result will be cooler running of the engine, because less energy is wasted as heat due to inefficient energy transfer within the system."

How can it reduce exhaust emissions? The two gases tested at the MOT (for petrol engines) are CO (carbon monoxide) and THC (total hydrocarbons, in essence unburnt fuel). Each are products of incomplete combustion and a more efficient combustion process will reduce both CO and THC emissions. Since Broquet improves the combustion process these emissions will be greatly reduced. Reductions brought about by Broquet are substantial and we have many letters from customers saying how surprised their testing station has been when the car exhaust emissions have been analysed during tuning or at the annual MOT.

What about use of unleaded petrol? Many older petrol engines require the lead added to petrol to protect valves and especially valve seats. Prolonged use of unleaded would be likely to lead to valve seat recession as the seat material is not suitable for the higher combustion temperatures associated with use of unleaded. Fuel treated with Broquet burns more efficiently and the overheating that could lead to these problems simply does not occur. "Leaded-only" engines using unleaded courtesy of Broquet have now completed well over 200 million miles collectively without problems.

Will I need to retard the engine if I use unleaded? The great majority of engines designed to run on 4-Star leaded can switch to the lower octane unleaded without the need for "detuning". This is because the improved combustion process effectively allows the engine to run as well, or even better, despite the use of a lower octane fuel. Similarly engines that would normally require the compression to be reduced (many Volvos, for example) can switch to unleaded after Broquet is fitted without expensive engine adjustments. Occasionally we have reports of some minor pinking after Broquet is fitted but this can be overcome by a minor timing adjustment of usually 1-2 degrees which will not result in loss of performance.

Will it be suitable for my car? Yes! In the sense Broquet is not engine specific as it is the fuel combustion characteristics that are being improved which must be beneficial for any engine.

How is it fitted? The in-tank unit is a solid object 5 inches long and 1 inch in diameter which needs to rest freely in the bottom of the fuel tank. Very often it will slide down the filler pipe but it is not flexible and will not go around any severe bends and it won't go through an anti-siphon device. It will not go down the narrow gauge (unleaded only) filler pipe in cars fitted with catalytic converters. The alternatives are to remove the gaiter that often joins the bottom of the filler to the tank itself or to remove the fuel gauge (sender unit) and place the unit directly into the tank.

How long does it last? As the unit acts as a catalyst it is not really changing in itself - it does not slowly dissolve, for example, and will be effective for at least 250,000 miles. In effect a "one-off" treatment which will more than outlast the life of the engine.

How much will I save? In a typical situation for a "leaded-only" engine switching to unleaded and gaining a modest economy improvement after fitting Broquet we would expect savings to be in the region of 40 p per gallon (more if the user changes from a top grade 4-Star to supermarket unleaded). For the 30 mpg engine this means a saving of £133 per 10,000 miles just in fuel cost terms. For a car already running on unleaded or diesel, savings will accrue because of better fuel economy and, of course, the lower emissions resulting from use of Broquet could mean the difference between a pass or an expensive failure at MOT time.

What is your guarantee ? We offer a money-back-if-not-satisfied promise plus an underwritten Warranty that states in plain English that if your engine is damaged as a result of using the product then we will make good such damage at our expense. This is in addition to your Statutory Rights. Probably your best reassurance is the fact that we have been supplying Broquet for a decade to thousands of motorists. Engines have not been damaged (we have several 100,000 miles plus leaded engines running on unleaded) and in reality run so much better, and last longer, with the catalyst installed. Broquet has stood the test of time - on the road, where it counts.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 AM
eyue
Racer

Castrol Formula RS 10W-60
Old 07-06-2005, 03:59 PM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts

Castrol RS 10W 60
Old 07-06-2005, 05:32 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Sameer
Broquet:

What is your guarantee ? We offer a money-back-if-not-satisfied promise plus an underwritten Warranty that states in plain English that if your engine is damaged as a result of using the product then we will make good such damage at our expense.
How would you prove the damge was infact 'coz of their product you really can't so i guess i'll be sticking with just plain old Mobil 1 in my Engine case
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Yasir,
Well it's just aother additive which I and many have been using on our cars in Singapore for sometime already. So far so good.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Yasir,
The reason the 996 types use 0-40 w is because of the vario cam hydraulics and hydraulic lifters need that very thin oil to operate properly .Also the watercooled engines are more temp stable and don't get any hotter because of ambient temps or even hard driving.
Your air cooled Turbo is really cooled by the oil and you need !5-50 w for most climates.
Regards,
Elliot
Old 07-07-2005, 09:27 AM
eyue
Racer

Does it means that Castrol 10W-60 is not too suitable for my air cooled turbo ? Would there be any big difference running in between summer and winter ? The Mobil 1 we get here is 0-40w, and I feel the castrol is running pretty well for the moment.

Quick Reply: What oil r u using?