Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I still go for the screamer pipe on the wastegate opening,
Old 06-27-2023, 05:27 PM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by wicks
I had a moment of this scream sound when I was limping home using the MBZ EZ unit! Which made me back way off and drive the rest of the way in granny mode. Did not scream again when running with regular EZ. Weird to see this discussed for the first time. Car has 38K miles and the wastegate was rebuilt last year which I did as preventative maintenance (I do anything with a diaphragm in it including the fuel head).

I now am getting oil dripping from my turbo pressure side. Oil may have been overfilled - not by me this time - drained some off - hoping it was that - haven't test driven again yet - but even if it was, how is oil getting out, seems to be seeping from the pressure hose (from turbo to intercooler) but the clamps are all still tight.

Side note - I get a little smoke on morning/first startup, does anyone have one of those anti-backflow valves on their 965? I have one on the 73 which does what it's supposed to.
Is perhaps the oil situation from the turbo due to the scavenge pump not pulling it out sufficiently, or the 'drip tank' beneath it being partially blocked or similar? If oil is getting pump in, and not removed at sufficiently adequate rate I would think it would build up and come out elsewhere, perhaps like the inlet side past the seals?

Just a guess!

Quick Reply: 964 3.3 turbo scream type sound from wastegate