964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Fanbelt sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 11:19 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 597 Likes on 356 Posts
Default Fanbelt sensor

Well, after two years of fault free driving the gremlins are starting to come back.

First, my boost sensor is stuck on 0.2 at idle [I'll wait for Miles965 to find the probable cause of that].

Secondly, the fanbelt sensor is coming on intermittently. I've had a look at the belt and figure it's a sensor issue. I note that the body has a bit of movement that could conceivably have it moving away from the belt under hard cornering, which could trigger the switch, but can't work out which of the bolts holds it on. It's in a beggar of a position to get to, so I don't want to undo the wrong one and have bits of the sensor floating around the engine bay. Can someone tell me which of the fasteners holds the sensor on?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:33 AM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you can do it without removal of the engine. I am looking at PET and it seems there are two pieces - a mounting support and the sender. I see 6X12 hex head bolts (not sure how many - PET says one) attaching the support to engine.

Mine went bad last month and I tried to replace it, giving up after 30 minutes of trying to reach the hex head bolt. I see no point in the sender anyway, so I made a shunt across the connector to turn the light off and tied it back. Next time the engine is out, I'll fix it. Let me know if you get it.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, check this out and see if it is of any help.
http://p-car.com/diy/roller/

Quick Reply: Fanbelt sensor