964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

MAN, I want this car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
This is funny, I got scolded on the pelican site for pointing out the BS on a lot of cars for sale, and I am always a cynic. I used to do question and answers for the options board on yahoo till I got sick of so many millionaires telling me about the fortunes they make. I am surprised I missed this one. I got an official warning on the other board for being to hard on what I thought was outright BS about cars for sale. I must be slipping!
I got kicked off Pelican Parts classifieds board by the wimp that runs it because I critized the fact that everyone was whining that no one was buying their SC's, Carerra's and other dated P cars when at the same time everyone else on the board was posting replies like "I can't beleive it's not selling ", "a steal" or "if I had the money I'd buy it". Turns out it was big circle jerk of similar outdated P car owners who were trying keep the dream alive that their cars were worth as much - when in reality their cars are worth half what they think!

I have attached a previously unreleased photo of their leader ...
Old 05-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Well its really common place on the internet to find people that think their cars are worth a lot more then they really are. I often send eBay messages to people that are in the ozone with their prices, and I back them up with recent eBay postings of better cars of the same model offered cheaper. They usually get really pissed off because they believe their car is worth something its not. I kill the guys at Daniel Schmitt when they outright lie about cars. I also see their guys at the auctions and know what they paid.

I frequent some stock chat rooms and everyone’s a millionaire and they always beat the markets. The internet can be a real joke. I was scolded because that guy who offered the supposed “all original” 73 RS was told by the board that it had a motor swap and a color change and he ridiculed the board for saying that since they got their info off the internet. Turns out the board was right but he has the audacity to not lower the price. I took offense to that and voiced my opinion and was warned so I laid off. One thing about a lot of the internet is that everyone’s an expert on everything. The nice thing about this place and Pelican is that the vast majority of people are cool and of course we all share the addiction of these cars.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Well its really common place on the internet to find people that think their cars are worth a lot more then they really are. I often send eBay messages to people that are in the ozone with their prices, and I back them up with recent eBay postings of better cars of the same model offered cheaper. They usually get really pissed off because they believe their car is worth something its not. I kill the guys at Daniel Schmitt when they outright lie about cars. I also see their guys at the auctions and know what they paid.

I frequent some stock chat rooms and everyone’s a millionaire and they always beat the markets. The internet can be a real joke. I was scolded because that guy who offered the supposed “all original” 73 RS was told by the board that it had a motor swap and a color change and he ridiculed the board for saying that since they got their info off the internet. Turns out the board was right but he has the audacity to not lower the price. I took offense to that and voiced my opinion and was warned so I laid off. One thing about a lot of the internet is that everyone’s an expert on everything. The nice thing about this place and Pelican is that the vast majority of people are cool and of course we all share the addiction of these cars.
I remember that guy. What a joke!

I was booted off over the guy who claimed he was 22 years old and independently wealthy, had purchased a Carerra GT but didn't have it yet because it was at the dealer, couldn't post photos because he didn't know anyone with a digital camera, but then he had to go to work to so that he could pay for the car. Amazingly some people actually believed the guy. I laid in with what I thought was a hilarious parody post spoofing his post and the website owner deleted my posts and banned me!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:49 PM
mad
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you cared to notice the "..." at the end of the post, you would see that I meant this more as a question than a statement. Funny thing is that I am 22 years old, but sadly I dont yet have the kind of money to buy a Porsche. However I do plan on acquiring one in the next 3-5 years, so that is why I have started posting questions here on Rennlist and doing my homework. You can believe me if you want, I dont really care as long as there are still some nice people on this site willing to spend their time answering my stupid questions (Cobalt and Sameer have been extremely helpful, thanks). Sorry for any suspicion I might have caused.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Mad I am not picking on you personally sorry if you thought that…

Yes I got into a posting thing with a guy on the one of the boards here who claimed he had like 3 or 4 very high priced 04 and 05 model year cars and was bitching about the fact that the dealer was low balling him by about 3 grand on a trade in of an 05 Mercedes. It was a 100k car and his signature said he owned about 300 to 400k in cars and he was complaining about 3k .. I laughed my a#$ off about the whole thing. He had bought a 100k car for his girl friend and then he wanted to trade it in. Gimmie a break, isn’t the internet grand?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

mad

we intended no offense it's just that the style of your post reeks of a trolling internet used car salesman ... and I must have missed the question mark in your post ... but nonetheless
Old 05-02-2005, 10:13 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Are these the same cars??? One is in outh Carolina and the other in Texas. The VIN's are not exactly the same if you look at them. Seems a little weird to me. If the one in South Carolina checked out I might be interested, does anyone know about that car?
Thanks,
Bill
Old 05-03-2005, 07:53 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Well its really common place on the internet to find people that think their cars are worth a lot more then they really are. I often send eBay messages to people that are in the ozone with their prices, and I back them up with recent eBay postings of better cars of the same model offered cheaper. They usually get really pissed off because they believe their car is worth something its not. .
Trader,if you are so expert about the Porsche prices then how come even after a year you are still looking for a Porsche in a price range that you think the car is worth ?
I don't mean to flame you here but i have followed your posts on various other forums too and i have noticed you are always picking up on the other owners hoping they would lower the price and hence sell the car cheap,may be ? If a guy wants to sell his car let him sell his car,negative post once is enough but to keep bringing your point day after day is not fair ?
Please take no offense
( Flame suit on )
Old 05-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Trader220
Race Car

I’ve never claimed to be an expert at all, look at some of my posts around the boards, I often ask some pretty basic questions. I have owned quite a few of these cars and I do buy and sell them for fun and sometimes profit. I have never once asked a seller on any board to lower his price. I am not sure what you mean by “still looking for a Porsche in a price range you think its worth” ???? Should I look in a price range that’s higher than I think its worth? By the way I am always looking and always buying and selling.

Yes, I made an observation that many times you see people on eBay who believe their cars are worth a lot more than the market says, they learn pretty quickly. Yes I have sent some eBay messages to them but mostly just to help em out, if they get pissed that’s their problem.

Quick Reply: MAN, I want this car!