964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Nice looking turbo for sale...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:10 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Nice looking turbo for sale...

Not mine and I dont know the seller but it looks like a good deal..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...525277843&rd=1
Old 02-04-2005, 09:55 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the goofy "E.T." third brake light really the way they came in Europe? The '91 U.S. cars had the light nicely integrated into the rear window.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Nice looking car but why so cheap? Because it is a euro import?

I don't think they came with the third brake light in europe. Probably an add on for DOT purposes. Although it may look goofy from the outside It is a better light. I hate the third light in my car. Constantly having to move my head to check my rear view. I had this light on my previous car and it was never a problem regarding rear visibility.

I would be rather leary of this car, many of these euro imports are cars that have been damaged and repaired.

If you are looking for a prestine 91 there is a white/matador red at High Marques in Morristown. Amazingly clean car for 30k miles problem is they are asking $50k. I believe it is owned by a fellow Rennlister on the 993TT board. If it is original paint as they claimed, I have never seen a car with so little stone damage with 30k on the odo.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:11 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the car looks very nice - I don't see any problems with gaps or panel fit (as much as you can see in those pictures). No pictures of engine, door jabs or underneath the front hood makes me a little suspicious. His feedback is the red flag.

White with Matador Red? That might be a tough car to live with and it is definately a tough car to sell at $50K
Old 02-04-2005, 12:39 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

You know I was never a big fan of the Matador Red interior but this looked rather nice and worked much better than I would have expected. It had Black piping and dash and I believe carpets, but may be mistaken, which helped out. But what a clean car. There was an 6k mile Polar Silver/Matador red Concours winner that was for sale a year or so ago. the guy statred at $60k and I beleive he dropped it down to low 50's before he was able to unload it. It is one of those things that you either love or hate.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:21 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep that's my white turbo at www.highmarques.com I appreciate the kind words. I've got more pics on autotrader.com

The matador red is really something you have to see in person--it contrasts well with the white. I just moved from SHort Hills to Holmdel and now have a three car garage which will allow me to sell the car privately (and for a lower price of course). Now that you've seen the condition of the car I'd appreciate any leads on buyers that would keep it in the rennlist family. Thanks guys
Old 02-04-2005, 11:50 PM
scudnik
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have sen LT1's 92 Turbo at High Marques, and agree with cobalt. It's the cleanest Turbo I've seen with 30k miles. If it wasn't white (I have a white 930 that I'm selling now that I'm looking to replace with a 965), I'd be interested in it!

Quick Reply: Nice looking turbo for sale...