964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Need help locating items in engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:52 AM
krichard
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help locating items in engine bay

I am planning on adjusting the CO myself this weekend and need some assistance from the experts. I am pretty sure I found the O2 sensor wire but just want to confirm. On the left hand side of the engine bay there are two wires that come up and make a connection. One has a barrel type connector and looks the same as the O2 connector on my '88 carrera. Is that the right one?

For the actual CO adjustment, I has these instructions from PorschePhD:
The adjustment is done from the top of the fuel head. Basically between the fuel head and plate behind the air box will be a stub that is coming out of the assembly. It is spring loaded. Inserting a 3 mm allen in to the stub then gently pushing down while turning the spring loaded stub will engage with the adjustment on the plate. A pinch of a turn will change the CO a lot so have a meter in the tail pipe. A 1/4 turn can change the CO almost 6 points. Sometimes more.
Does anyone have a picture of the area he is describing? I looked around last night but there isn't alot of room to play around in there. Can I get to it without removing anything?

Thanks for the help

Kerry
Old 09-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You find it here, not much room, expect a little blood on your hands when your are done :-)
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/gal...=pc94&seqnum=9

Quick Reply: Need help locating items in engine bay